News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1032 PK Insert

Started by Marc, August 24, 2014, 07:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Is there a template currently available for the OBi1032 Programmable Key insert?  Be it a Word doc, gDoc, or even a PS/AI file. 

Just something we can use until the "...OBi Printed Insert Generator. (Future)", user guide page 15, is made available.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

SteveInWA

Marc, I got this from Mark at Obihai.  (see attachment).

WelshPaul

I came up with this one: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&p=655#p655

It's a perfect fit if you can cut along the dotted lines neatly. It also matches the original one, use an A4 peace of paper and any printer you like.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Xipper

Am I the only one that has this option in the Obitalk dashboard?  If I click the "Generate Labels" button it creates a label for me, print...cut out, and insert.  I also can manage 1 tab of on-screen line key assignments.

Of course I have yet to get ObiBT to work with my phone for anything other than address sync...that is for a different thread.

Boykin

Quote from: Xipper on September 09, 2014, 12:35:02 PM
Am I the only one that has this option in the Obitalk dashboard?  If I click the "Generate Labels" button it creates a label for me, print...cut out, and insert.  I also can manage 1 tab of on-screen line key assignments.

Of course I have yet to get ObiBT to work with my phone for anything other than address sync...that is for a different thread.

I have the option under OBITalk portal when I do a standard configuration for a 1032 to print an insert for the programmable keys. 

I am able to set up BT for my OBi1032 and my cell phone.  My cell and OBi1032 connect when they get close together.  The only problem I have with BT is downloading contacts from my cell to my 1032s.

Xipper

Quote from: Boykin on September 09, 2014, 01:24:06 PM
I have the option under OBITalk portal when I do a standard configuration for a 1032 to print an insert for the programmable keys. 

I am able to set up BT for my OBi1032 and my cell phone.  My cell and OBi1032 connect when they get close together.  The only problem I have with BT is downloading contacts from my cell to my 1032s.

I'm glad to hear that BT is working for someone.  I was able to get address book sync to work in a previous firmware version, but in one of the updates that feature stopped.  My phone no longer detects the 1032 as supporting that capability, so it seems it must have been disabled in the 1032 firmware.

When trying to configure BT, none of the options within the obitalk portal related to ObiBT works.  I see BT1 show up as a service provider, but i am unable to configure it.  OBiBT does show up for the configurable options for line keys or programmable keys, however they don't actually end up working once the config is pushed to the 1032 itself. 

SteveInWA

Right.  The Bluetooth support works for audio, but the contacts exchange is broken.  It's on the to-do list to be working in a future release.

WelshPaul

Am I the only one that has this option in the Obitalk dashboard?  If I click the "Generate Labels" button it creates a label for me, print...cut out, and insert.  I also can manage 1 tab of on-screen line key assignments.

Hmmm I have my OBi1032 registered against an OBiTALK ITSP portal and there appears to be no option like you or Boykin mention. Obviously it wouldn't be required if you have an ITSP portal.

Edit: Just logged in to a standard portal account, don't see this option there either but then I don't have any devices registered on this standard OBiTALK account. (I assume it is displayed once you register your OBi1032 phone against your account)

OBIHAI should have also added the template to the documents page located here: http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads

The template posted above however will come in handy I suppose for those who choose to configure via the local GUI opposed to using the OBiTALK portal.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai

Am I the only one that has this option in the Obitalk dashboard?  If I click the "Generate Labels" button it creates a label for me, print...cut out, and insert.  I also can manage 1 tab of on-screen line key assignments.

The Printed Insert Generator is available (as you've seen) within the OBiTALK portal now.  Of course you can use the one that WelshPaul posted (This is the same style as what we have in the portal) or the one I knocked together (White text on black background, works best on inkjet photo printers with photo paper).

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 09, 2014, 05:21:55 PM
Right.  The Bluetooth support works for audio, but the contacts exchange is broken.  It's on the to-do list to be working in a future release.

The contacts exchange should work for iPhones, but we are still seeing challenges with some Android devices.  For anyone who is having problems please let us know your Device type and OS Version.

Quote from: Xipper on September 09, 2014, 02:32:55 PM
I'm glad to hear that BT is working for someone.  I was able to get address book sync to work in a previous firmware version, but in one of the updates that feature stopped.  My phone no longer detects the 1032 as supporting that capability, so it seems it must have been disabled in the 1032 firmware.

When trying to configure BT, none of the options within the obitalk portal related to ObiBT works.  I see BT1 show up as a service provider, but i am unable to configure it.  OBiBT does show up for the configurable options for line keys or programmable keys, however they don't actually end up working once the config is pushed to the 1032 itself.  

Can you first ensure that the Bluetooth dongle is installed in the lower USB slot? (The slot marked as slot 2)  Second, on your mobile device, go to your Bluetooth settings and forget the OBi device.  Then go through the process of pairing your mobile to the OBi again via the OBi's Settings App -> Bluetooth then selecting "discoverable" and then adding the OBi via your mobile's Bluetooth settings app.

If this works and connects then the BT options should work within the portal again.

- Mark.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

Boykin

I am unable to download contacts from my cell phone.  I have a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. 

WelshPaul

Scrap that I actually managed to figure it out!

I think it's about time I read the manual now.  :P

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

When I try to download my contacts from my cell to the 1032, I get a message on my cell that I have to accept to start the download.  The 1032 says that it is downloading and after about 30 seconds, Bluetooth is disabled on both my cell and the 1032.  I have to manually re-enable Bluetooth on both the cell and 1032.