News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + Asterisk: Poor Voice Quality on PSTN calls

Started by bravo2, September 09, 2014, 06:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bravo2

Hi All,

I followed instructions on this Obi forums and FreePBX site to configure Obi110 as a gateway to GoogleVoice and PSTN on my Asterisk setup. Everything works fine including incoming/outgoing calls with caller id through PSTN and Google Voice channels.  But sound quality on outgoing PSTN calls is very bad; voice is mumbled and it breaks quite often.  Voice quality is very good on outgoing calls through GoogleVoice.  So I assume it is something to do with the Obi110 configuration.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

bravo2

Update: Voice quality seems to be fine now.  I have a different issue which I did not notice earlier.  For incoming calls through PSTN, Asterisk does not show the Caller ID.  Instead it shows the trunk name (username) I used for Obi110 SP2 SIP registration.  But for calls coming through Obi110's Google Voice channel, the caller id is displayed correctly.

Google Voice caller id started showing up after I enabled X_SpoofCallerID on ITSP Profile A, but I don't see a similar option for Physical Phone Line.

Do you any option to get caller id working in this case?

Analog phones connected to PSTN line displays caller id correctly.

thanks