News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

auto attendant connect to ph

Started by waldito, September 11, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waldito

Obi1110 question. I searched the forums, but didn't find an answer.

I want to do the simplest thing. All incoming line (landline) calls go to auto attendant. The aa message is something like "dial 9 to connect continue this call". Then if 9 is dialed, it connects to ph (phone).

This seems like the obvious configuration, but it's not working:

Physical interfaces: line port:    {:aa}
Voice Services: auto attendant 1: digit map:    {9:ph}

Auto attendant is answering line calls, so that part's working. The digit map for auto attendant is not.

Advice? Thanks!

azrobert

You can change the AA prompts, but you can't change the AA function.

1 = Continue the call
2 = Make a new call
3 = Callback

The above can't be changed, so the caller would have to enter 1 to ring the phone port with the default settings.
You could modify the AA where the caller enters 2 for make a new call, then 9# to ring the phone.

waldito

QuoteThe above can't be changed, so the caller would have to enter 1 to ring the phone port with the default settings.

Thanks for quick reply. I had changed many config parameters, and when I restored defaults, this worked as it's supposed to. So, thanks! Digit 1 is perfectly fine, all I need to do now is change to a user prompt recording, which seems pretty straightforward.

cheers!

azrobert

I would suggest making a few changes because if the caller accidently enters 2, they will be prompted to make a new call. Same with 3 for a callback.

I found if the prompt is set to &pause() it will be disabled.
I would set Menu prompt to your custom prompt and all the others to &pause()

The way AA work is if you enter 1 to continue the call, a zero is sent to the DigitMap.
Then the rule {0:ph} in the OutboundCallRoute routes the call to the phone.

Change the DigitMap to: (0)
Change the OutbounfCallRoute to: {0:ph}

Now even if the caller knows how to make an outbound call it will fail.