News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

E911 on SP2 of Obi100

Started by p2pvoice, September 11, 2014, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2pvoice

I have Obi100 configured with GV on SP1 and PhonePower auto provisioned by PhonePower on SP2 with the box checked for "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" (see attached screen capture).

My questions is: If I dial 911 (without the prefix **2 for SP2), will the 911 call go through SP2 PhonePower because I have checked the box "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls"?

I have not tested 911 yet but would like test it - any suggestions? BTW, 933 didn't work at all.

Thank you all.

azrobert

I never used that option, but I assume it will setup 911 for SP2.

You can verify it yourself. Look that the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
You should find a rule to route 911 to SP2 like this:  {911:sp2}
To add 933 change the rule to:  {911|933:sp2}

Edit:
I forgot about the DigitMap.
Add |933 after 911 in the Phone Port DigitMap.

p2pvoice

@azrobert:
Thanks for your response.
I use Obitalk web portal to configure my Obi devices.
I don't know how follow your directions.
Is there a way to check from Obitalk portal?
Thanks.
Kanti

Taoman

Quote from: p2pvoice on September 16, 2014, 03:59:22 PM

PhonePower does not support dialing 933 to test 911.

From Obitalk web portal OBI dashboard, click on grey gear icon with red "E" in it
Expand "Physical Interfaces"
Highlight "Phone 1" and look at your "OutboundCallRoute"
You should see {911:sp2} listed in your OutboundCallRoute
If that's what you see and your E911 info is correct at PhonePower then you are configured correctly for E911 and you wouldn't need to use **2 before dialing 911 in an emergency.

I realize that's not the same as actually testing it but at least you know your configuration is correct.

p2pvoice

Quote from: Taoman on September 16, 2014, 05:17:06 PM
Quote from: p2pvoice on September 16, 2014, 03:59:22 PM

From Obitalk web portal OBI dashboard, click on grey gear icon with red "E" in it
Expand "Physical Interfaces"
Highlight "Phone 1" and look at your "OutboundCallRoute"
You should see {911:sp2} listed in your OutboundCallRoute
If that's what you see and your E911 info is correct at PhonePower then you are configured correctly for E911 and you wouldn't need to use **2 before dialing 911 in an emergency.

Hello Taoman: Thanks for help.

I couldn't find the grey gear icon with red "E" in it. Nor did I find "Physical Interfaces" anywhere. Instead, the grey gear icon takes me "OBi Expert Configuration Menu". Since I didn't want to mess with expert config, I downloaded the "Backup Configuration File" which is an xml file. I then searched for "OutBoundCallRoute" in the file and found the following:

Quote<N>OutboundCallRoute</N>

<V>{911:sp2},{933:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}</V>

So, looks like dialing 911 will use SP2 without **2.

Thanks for your help.