News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower still active despite switching Google Voice to SP1

Started by danman, September 14, 2014, 10:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danman

I am confused and need some advice.  I placed Google Voice into SP1 position and moved PhonePower to SP2 just to have the E911 service I've already paid for.  However, PP still routes all the incoming and outgoing calls even after removing it completely from the SP2 slot.  I know this is happening because of the call usage page on my PP account.  Any idea why this is happening?  Thanks in advance

Echo

I think I recall that if you install SP2 after SP1, Obi defaults that to be your primary SP, so when you hear a dial tone it's from SP2.

This doesn't explain why PP is still working after you removed it from SP2 though, unless some traces are still around in SP1. If you got Obi to do the GV installing into SP1, maybe it left something of PP in there. Try looking around in expert mode.

jonsid

Quote from: danman on September 14, 2014, 10:18:58 AM
I am confused and need some advice.  I placed Google Voice into SP1 position and moved PhonePower to SP2 just to have the E911 service I've already paid for.  However, PP still routes all the incoming and outgoing calls even after removing it completely from the SP2 slot.  I know this is happening because of the call usage page on my PP account.  Any idea why this is happening?  Thanks in advance

The same thing happened to me with my Obi200.  I deleted Vestalink from my SP1 but is was still showing up on their site as being connected.  I put Google voice on SP1 but the calls were still being routed through Vestalink.  I had to delete my Obi completely from the system and do a factory reset.  Then when I installed Google Voice on SP1 it worked and my Obi no longer showed up on Vestalink web.  I then assigned Vestalink to another slot and everything worked fine.  Maybe there's an easier way but this worked for me.

danman