News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 As Asterisk Trunk also connected to GSM Gateway - Weird issue

Started by rmanvoip, September 15, 2014, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmanvoip

Hey Guys

So I have this really weird issue, and any help would be appreciated

This isnt my first time setting up a OBI110 as an Asterisk trunk.  I have one already working just fine with my PSTN line.

So I decided to get another Obi110 and this time use it together with my Telular GSM gateway, with the goal of making phone calls through the GSM gateway - obviously.

I setup the Asterisk trunk, and used my working Obi to replicate the settings over.  Everything is working, and I can make a call from my Asterisk through the OBI and in Turn the GSM gateway, however I can only make 1 call.

So this is what happens

Make a call through Asterisk, dial plan throws the dialed number onto the OBI, the OBI dials and throws the number to the GSM gateway (connected via an rj11 cable), bit of a delay but call goes through.  Im happy  :)

Try to make another call, Asterisk complains that all circuits are busy.  I scratch my head...

Disconnecting the RJ11 cable that connects the GSM gateway, and seating it again, enables me to make another call just fine.

So at this point im thinking the OBI is not disconnecting the line.  I check out the status of the line port, and I see that it is indeed properly disconnected.

I mess around with my trunk config on my Asterisk with no luck.  I also play about with the disconnection settings on the line port with no luck.

Has anyone come across this before? or can suggest something different to try?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

azrobert

Maybe the GSM gateway isn't detecting the hangup. Is there an indicator on the gateway that shows the phone is still off hook?