News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

BUG REPORT: 1032 Primary Outgoing Line setting not being honored

Started by Marc, September 16, 2014, 07:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I currently have 3 SPs setup on my 1032
SP1: PhonePower (It won't work unless it's on SP1 :()
SP2: CallCentric Extension (I only use for incoming)
SP3: Google Voice (I only want to use for outgoing)

Google Voice is checked as the primary outgoing line for phone 1, PhonePower was previously.  But PhonePower, SP1, is the default outgoing line on the physical phone despite the settings in OBiTalk.

Maybe this is the same problem with the OBiTalk line key sub-headings not getting applied?

I have switched the line key order, even though that shouldn't have made a difference, and it did not.  Regardless of which position PhonePower is in, it is used as the outgoing line.

Thanks,
Marc
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

Marc

Anyone find a way to force the OBi to use GV as the default for outgoing calls?  I don't mean the check box, I mean a way that actually works?

Thanks.
M
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

azrobert

I changed IP phone -> Phone Settings -> Primary Line to: SP2 Service

Now calls default to SP2.

SteveInWA

Hey Marc:

I am pretty sure this has to do with using Obihai's "approved service provider" managed setup procedure to sign up with, and configure PhonePower.  I believe this locks down some settings for SP1.  I think the only fix is to talk to PhonePower about how you can delete the managed configuration, get your SIP credentials from them, and then configure your SPs to your liking.

I haven't used the approved service provider method, so I can't swear to this, but others on the forum have reported a similar problem on the OBi ATAs with PhonePower or the other managed carriers.

Once you can configure your SPs manually, you will be able to select whichever SP you wish (GV in your case) as the default for outbound calls.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on September 25, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

You can default to any SP, just like you can with the ATA products.  I think Marc's issue is the way he signed up for PhonePower using the "approved service provider" method, which is somewhat similar to a Vonage-style lockdown of settings, at least for that SP slot.

azrobert

Quote from: Marc on September 16, 2014, 07:02:06 AM
Maybe this is the same problem with the OBiTalk line key sub-headings not getting applied?

Change Voice Services ->  SPx Service -> X_DisplayLabel and X_DisplayNumber

Label becomes the Line heading and Number the sub-heading.

azrobert

Please post the IP Phone OutboundCallRoute.

I think the only way the setup process can lock down SP1 as the primary route is to add a rule to the outbound route like this:

{(Msp1):sp1}

If it did, then remove it. Now the Primary Line will work.

Marc

Quote from: azrobert on September 25, 2014, 07:36:18 AM
Please post the IP Phone OutboundCallRoute.

I think the only way the setup process can lock down SP1 as the primary route is to add a rule to the outbound route like this:

{(Msp1):sp1}

If it did, then remove it. Now the Primary Line will work.

Here is the IP Phone OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I don't want to remove something that is necessary, so to double check, should I be removing all of this?
"{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},"

Thanks.

Marc

Quote from: azrobert on September 25, 2014, 07:16:41 AM
Quote from: Marc on September 16, 2014, 07:02:06 AM

Change Voice Services ->  SPx Service -> X_DisplayLabel and X_DisplayNumber

Label becomes the Line heading and Number the sub-heading.

Thank you.  I had done this and it does work.  It just seems to be a mistake/bug that the OBitalk dashboard has this section for inputting labels and only the name, not the sub-heading, get applied.  Hopefully repairing this is something on the techs to do list.

azrobert

Quote from: Marc on September 25, 2014, 08:06:30 AM
I don't want to remove something that is necessary, so to double check, should I be removing all of this?
"{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},"

No!
Those are needed to force a call out a SP trunk using a prefix "**n" like this: **218005551212

I don't see anything in the outbound route that will force the call out SP1.

What happens when you change the IP Phone Primary Line to something other than "SP1 Service"?

Marc

Quote from: azrobert on September 25, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

That did the trick.

Thank you very much.  Would love to see the OBi techs correct this so we don't have to go into expert mode to make something work that "should" work based on check box selections.

Marc

Quote from: azrobert on September 25, 2014, 08:14:54 AM
Quote from: Marc on September 25, 2014, 08:06:30 AM

No!
Those are needed to force a call out a SP trunk using a prefix "**n" like this: **218005551212

And see...  It might have taken me a few decades to learn, but I try not to jump before knowing where I'm going to land anymore:):)

Changing the primary line has worked.

@SteveInWA, perhaps OBi just needs to have a warning when using the autoprovisioning from approved providers and grey out options that will no longer be in effect.  Specifically with PhonePower, I've avoided using SIP credentials because they aren't automatically turned on and once you do, in addition to creating a security hole, they also cause a problem where BYODs lose their connection on top of PhonePower limiting the number of connections (devices) we can use.

Marc

Thank you to both @azrobert and @SteveInWA for your help.  Much appreciated!!!

Marc

azrobert

Quote from: Marc on September 25, 2014, 08:12:20 AM
It just seems to be a mistake/bug that the OBitalk dashboard has this section for inputting labels and only the name, not the sub-heading, get applied.  Hopefully repairing this is something on the techs to do list.

I defined a Line key as a Speed Dial.
The Line key Name became the Heading.
A combination of the Trunk Name and the Line key Number became the Sub-Heading.
It was too long to fit, so the number was truncated.
It looks like this: Google Voice 1480...

It looks like different settings are used for the Heading and Sub-Heading depending on the function selected. Maybe it's working as intended.