News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I set up Obi110 to use the POTS as default outgoing?

Started by IgorB, September 16, 2014, 07:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorB

Hi Everyone!

I spent days trying to figure this out on the forums and web, to no avail.  ??? I assume it is very simple.

Now if I make a call using my phone plugged into the Obi110, it uses my GV account. If I want to use the POTS line, I can dial **8 or # and wait for a dial tone. Firstly, how can I change it so the default is POTS? Also, If someone is on another POTS extension, I can not get into the line using **8 or #. Is there anything I can do? I tried dialing *76 (?) for barge-in, is that right? I did not succeed in getting in.

I see in the Obi IP web page setup, Voice Services>Auto Attendant>Auto Attendant 1> Outbound Call Route>says {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
and the next line shows Primary Line>PSTN.
Should I change things there?

Thanks in advance!  ;D
Igor

azrobert

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line: PSTN Line

If you want the Auto Attendant to default to the Line Port leave it unchanged.

For Barge In See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7761.0

I can't get my OBi110 Barge In to work.

IgorB

Quote from: azrobert on September 16, 2014, 08:23:21 AM
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line: PSTN Line

If you want the Auto Attendant to default to the Line Port leave it unchanged.

For Barge In See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7761.0

I can't get my OBi110 Barge In to work.

Thanks azrobert, that is how it is now. ?? I will try to change it, reboot and set it back, will update.

IgorB

It did not help - changing and resetting. Now I tried disabling the auto-provisioning because I saw that after reboot, it did not stay changed. Now I changed to SP1, saved, reboot, changed to PTSN, saved, reboot. Still not working; still default outgoing is GV instead of telco/pots line.  :-\ :(

Is there anything else to try?

IgorB

Thanks azrobert,

I read your point in the thread with Daniel, that when I pick up the phone connected with obi110, I get an obi dial tone, then when I press # I get the POTS dial tone. That was throwing me off, I assumed the default outgoing would work straight up. Anyways, now it is working as you say, the default outgoing is POTS. Thanks so much!  8) :)

It does take a bit of time to connect, what can I try to make the call go through faster? (I think when I press # first, it takes faster.

TIA!

MurrayB

If after receiving the Obi dial tone you enter the number and then depress # the Obi recognizes this as the end of the number and sends the call on it's way. I believe that this works with any SP setting.

If you depress # immediately upon getting the Obi dial tone the unit will return a POTS dial tone and then you dial.

So with POTS as your default setting you could go either way. Also with POTS as your default setting appending the telephone numbers with # in your speed dial list means you do not need to do anything but pick up the phone and select your speed dial. The obi sees the # at the end and sends the call on it's way.

Good Luck!

azrobert

This is the default Line Port digitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

xx. will match any number of dialed digits and is the cause of the delay.

xxxxxxxS4 the S4 will force a 4 second delay for 7 digits

1xxxxxxxxxx will pause for 3 seconds because the OBi110 doesn't know if you will dial additional digits because of the xx.

xx. if the dialed number only matches this it will pause for 10 seconds.

If you use DigitMap:
(xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

7 digits will pause for 3 seconds
10-11 digits will be immediately routed