News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 Won't Ring Home Phone

Started by WhiteWing, September 17, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteWing

I had good service from the Obi with Google Voice.  Later changed to VestaLink, and lately noticed that many times the phone in the house wouldn't ring (but sometimes would), but got a notice by e-mail and the GV iPhone app that we had a missed call or voicemail.  Now I changed back to just GV, and it won't ring at all.  I deleted the old service provider and added the new.  Rebooted the Obi, computer, modem, etc., still nothing.  I can make outgoing calls, and I can make calls thru chat using one of the associated numbers.  When I do that, the phone rings, but not for any regular incoming call.

Any ideas where to go with this?  Thanks

drgeoff

Log into google.com/voice.  Go to the Settings page (click on the gear icon on right hand side and ensure there is a tick in the box beside Google Chat.

botzen67

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP.  I have the "Google Chat" check box enabled, but still no incoming calls on the OBI.  Incoming calls to GV number ring in GMail, and will ring SP2 if I have the Vestalink number enabled for within GV.  However, as soon as I disable the Vestalink number in GV the OBI 100 fails to ring (via SP1).

SteveInWA

OBi devices still use the Google XMPP protocol that is shared with the legacy Google Chat app.  Chat can only keep track of one destination at at a time.  If you are logged into Gmail on that same account, you may have problems getting your OBi to ring.  Try logging out of all Googly things on your computer, then power-cycle your OBi and see if the problem goes away.