News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google voice not recongnizing my key/number input?

Started by nang, September 23, 2014, 11:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nang

So today when I dialed in a conference line using obi connected with GV, when it asked me to put my conference line pin - I entered pin several times but it couldn't recognize.

I logged into gmail and tried calling same number via google soft phone interface, same issue...

Is this issue with google voice? Has any one else experience same thing recently? I have been using this for years without any issue.

nang

Ok, found out that its not only key/number input but voice call too. I am having one way communication. Other party can't hear me and I cannot send any input.

Google app dashboard reporting green status. Anyone know how to report this to google?

OKPhoneGuy

This is another symptom of the same problem discussed in another thread here

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8684.0

This is a problem that's apparently started sometime during the afternoon of 23 Sep 2014. No present resolution.

SteveInWA

Hi, sorry I wasn't around earlier to post:

Google is aware of this issue, impacting XMPP-based Google Voice calls.  As you've described, the symptom is typically one party not hearing the other.

They have identified the likely root cause and are working on a fix.  No estimated time to recover is available, but rest assured that they're on it.

As they used to say on TV, "Do not attempt to adjust your set."  It has nothing to do with your device or network connection.

SteveInWA

For issues like this in the future, please feel free to report your symptoms over on the Google Voice Help Forum (linked in my signature block).

gsmitchell

Hi all!  I am having the same problem, unable to input a conference call pin.  I used my MagicJack line, and it was fine so I wondered what was going on.  Glad to see it is a known issue, and someone is working on it.    I had the same issue with my MagicJack at one point, so I wonder if this is a common VoIP issue.   Anyway, hoping for a quick fix like the rest of you!

SteveInWA

Yes, if the other end of the call isn't "hearing" the PIN, this bug could easily be the cause.  If it hasn't already been resolved by Google, I believe this won't take too long to resolve, if it hasn't been fixed by now.

evongugg

When i press "4" it starts recording the call.
How do I press "4" without it recording the call?
Do I have to go to settings every time and disable call recording?
TIA

Brandito

Also had this problem yesterday, power cycling my obi seemed to fix it for me, or it was just a huge coincidence that it was fixed during my power cycle.

SteveInWA

Yes, the problem was on the GV side,and it's fixed now.

RE:  pressing 4, this is a feature of Google Voice that you can enable or disable on your GV account.

Log into your GV account from a desktop or laptop computer, not from a mobile device, and go here:

https://www.google.com/voice#callsettings

Remove the check mark next to "Call options".