News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My Reset Tool

Started by ceg3, September 23, 2014, 09:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I recently had to reset my OBi200 to get voice mail working again and VestaLink's instructions called for first depressing the button on the bottom of the OBi and THEN plugging in the AC adapter.  Not the first time I have reset a device pressing a reset button, but the first time with an OBi.  This proved really awkward trying to juggle a paper clip and perform the function with only two hands.

I thought someone else might benefit from how I made this easier.  I took a push pin and snipped the pin down to about 1/4 inch, so that it was pretty much flush with the opening when I pushed it in.  Doing this made it much easier to hold the pin and the OBi with one hand, while pushing in the AC cord with the other.

I was then able to stop cussing. ;D

zorlac

Doesn't pressing ***8 on the handset accomplish a reset too?
The obi box asks you to press 1 to confirm, it takes awhile and then makes a funny noise before returning a dialtone so it does "something".  ;D

ceg3

Quote from: zorlac on September 23, 2014, 09:18:57 AM
Doesn't pressing ***8 on the handset accomplish a reset too?
The obi box asks you to press 1 to confirm, it takes awhile and then makes a funny noise before returning a dialtone so it does "something".  ;D

I was under the same impression and have done it many times and it's a heck of a lot easier, but the support guy called for the nuclear option.

Also, this reset option fixed the issue, while I'm pretty certain I had tried the ***81 option at one in point trying fix the issue.

ceg3

Per Obihai tech support these two techniques accomplish the same thing, which is good to know.

They both factory reset the unit, but if for instance there is no dial tone on your phone, dialing ***81 will not accomplish anything.

Best Regards,

Obihai technology

More from support: 

Charles, the AC adapter should be plugged in when you do the reset.

Best Regards,

Obihai technology

That means the awkward juggling I did wasn't necessary after all.

paust

Did factory reset ***8 waited for new dial tone.  Still get message "there is no service available.  Have OBi 100

ceg3

Quote from: paust on October 13, 2014, 08:58:46 AM
Did factory reset ***8 waited for new dial tone.  Still get message "there is no service available.  Have OBi 100

I see you are a newbie, so I will ask a basic question.  Have you added your device to OBiTALK?