News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai Distinctive Ring Configuration for Double and Triple Ring Patterns

Started by LTN1, September 27, 2014, 07:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

I have a PBX with the option of configuring distinctive rings for double and triple ring patterns in order to route calls from the same number. This should also work with faxes requiring either a double or triple ring pattern to separate from normal call ring patterns.

I tried to search the site but didn't find simple solutions. I e-mailed Obi support asking which options (out of the 10 available) were double and triple patterns and they just replied with try them all.

So I'm making this thread to help others in the future. First, the double and triple ring patterns for the Obi are ring patterns 3 (double) and 6 (triple).

To make the changes:

You will need to uncheck OBiTALK settings AND Device Default in order to change the parameter.

You can modify the RingPattern (for each SP1-SP4) and select the pattern you wish to use (default is RingPattern1) under Voice Service --> SPx --> X_DefaultRing

It may not work for all devices but it worked for me.

CoalMinerRetired

I've experimented with ring patterns a lot.

The main take away from all the experimenting is the Obis -- 100s, 110s, and 202s -- do not have the granularity in producing the ring cadences you might expect if you get to the level of tweaking the on and off cadence/patterns.  Some old notes in this thread, see 2nd message down: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4938.0

tbluhp

drgeoff

@tbluhp
Please do not cross-post.  Keep to the thread that you started.