News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Oleg Method for Sip Scanners? LOST

Started by threehappypenguins, October 07, 2014, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threehappypenguins

I previously had my in-law's Obi all set up with this string in their X_InboundCallRoute:

{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):}

The problem was that anybody who tried to call anonymously couldn't get through. So I tried deleting anon@@.

Didn't work.

I deleted un@@.

Still didn't work.

I deleted the ? I tried, x I tried xx and xxx. I gave up and deleted the whole string and everything went through fine.

So I thought I would try the Oleg method, but I am TOTALLY LOST. I read this, and I have no idea what is going on: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

Can someone please have a clear example?

ProfTech

I believe that the ability to use the Oleg method may depend on which ITSP service provider you are using. Simply change X_InboundCallRoute from ph (its default) to {>YourUserID:ph},{@|?:}. This will only work if your ITSP sends all calls to your user ID but it doesn't hurt anything to try it. If you get zero calls after you change it, either they aren't sending your user ID or you entered it incorrectly. Replace YourUserID with your SIP user ID.