News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail notification with combo of GVoice, 2-step verification and an OBi202

Started by DrJay, October 08, 2014, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJay

I've been using Google's two-step verification since they first introduced it so I never expected to get dialtone stutters/flashing LEDs on my home land line via my OBi202. All of my GV voicemails get delivered to my Gmail inbox and I also get notifications on my mobile phone via the Hangouts app.

I value the extra security of two-factor authentication over the voicemail alert on my OBiHAI extensions so it was never a big deal. But if I could have both, that would be a bonus.

Now that Google and OBiHAI are playing nice with each other, and since it sounds like some of the more recent OBiHAI firmware upgrades have been chipping away at solving some GV/voicemail alert issues, here's my question:

Is it now possible for a Google Voice and 2-step verification-using, OBi202-owning user like me to have both Google 2-step active AND get voicemail alerts on my OBiHAI land line phones?

I noticed that the current GV setup wizard presents no voicemail notification checkbox, but the wizard for Callcentric setup does. That leads me to believe that I can't have voicemail alerts on the GV SP slot. But of course I could play around with settings through Expert Config and change the VMI stuff if that actually mattered.

Has anyone else with a similar setup (esp. 2-step verification) gotten this to work LATELY, with all of the new GV/OBi love?

DrJay

Got it! Thanks again, Steve. I double posted my question twice because the original post was a reply to a pretty old topic and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever see it.

Silly me - I forgot that Bluescat is on the job:D

SteveInWA

Quote from: DrJay on October 09, 2014, 03:38:58 AM
Got it! Thanks again, Steve. I double posted my question twice because the original post was a reply to a pretty old topic and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever see it.

Silly me - I forgot that Bluescat is on the job:D

Ha!

Hey, come answer some questions on the GV forum again -- we could use your help!

DrJay

I'm over at Hangouts now! Trying to get promoted to TC from my lowly RS status. 8)