News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help bridging two OBIs on internal network

Started by Taoman, October 07, 2014, 07:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taoman

Quote from: ianobi on October 08, 2014, 09:45:00 AM
I think this problem is that good old "gotcha" the reserved characters, in this case "m".

Try putting taoman within single quotes in the InboundCallRoutes: 'taoman'

I've been caught like this a few times, so I now use mostly numbers as my CallerIDs.

Thanks for the suggestion but still no luck. I tried with quote marks around the userid and also tried an all numerical userid. Both had the same results and eventually times out with:

SIP_TS:INVITE Times out

Taoman

Quote from: hwittenb on October 07, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

Edit:  If the Sip Invite is being sent properly, the Syslog should also show if it is sending inside the Sip Invite the OBi110's local network ip address or an external ip address.

So I set up syslog on my OBi200 to see if the SIP INVITE was actually making it there from my OBi110. It definitely is. I changed my username to 1954. I don't see any obvious errors. Do you? It just seems like I must be missing something simple.

Edit: It seems to me if the syslog on the OBi200 shows the FXO port is "ringing" and there is an incoming call there should be something in the call history on the OBi200. No?

Quote<7> [CPT] tone compression done - 8242 !!
<7> [DAA]: FXO ring on
<7>
  • Ring On
    <7> FXO:NewTermState:ringing
    <7> ------ caller id (pcm_id: 1) received! ------------<7>
  • DAA CND 10081356,360XXXXXXX,Cell Phone   WA,,,
    <7>
  • DAA CND 10081356,360XXXXXXX,Cell Phone   WA,,,
    <7> XMPP:Updating peer:someone@gmail.com[MessagingA9f799dc] to online
    <7> XMPP:Updating peer:someone@gmail.com[MessagingA146656b2] to online
    <7> [SLIC] CID to deliver: 'Cell Phone   WA' 360XXXXXXX
    <7> sendto c0a801c8:5063(877)
    INVITE sip:1954@192.168.1.200:5063 SIP/2.0

Call-ID: 6fe09b97@192.168.1.2

Content-Length: 307

CSeq: 8001 INVITE

From: <sip:360XXXXXXX@192.168.1.200>;tag=SP211939d82391f146

Max-Forwards: 70

To: <sip:1954@192.168.1.200>

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.2:5084;branch=z9hG4bK-24d62743;rport

User-Agent: OBIHAI/OBi110-1.3.0.2872

Expires: 60

Supported: replaces

Allow: ACK,BYE,CANCEL,INFO,INVITE,NOTIFY,OPTIONS,REFER,UPDATE

Remote-Party-ID: <sip:360XXXXXXX@192.168.1.200>;party=calling;privacy=off

Content-Type: application/sdp

v=0

o=- 74158 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.2

s=-

c=IN IP4 192.168.1.2[/size]

azrobert

Does this change make a difference?
OBi200 SP4 Service -> X_InboundCalllRoute: ph

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 08, 2014, 02:32:15 PM
Does this change make a difference?
OBi200 SP4 Service -> X_InboundCalllRoute: ph

Unfortunately, no. That was one of the first things I tried when it didn't work.

hwittenb

Quote from: Taoman on October 08, 2014, 02:14:16 PM

Edit: It seems to me if the syslog on the OBi200 shows the FXO port is "ringing" and there is an incoming call there should be something in the call history on the OBi200. No?

Taoman,

The OBi200 does not have an FXO port.  I think the syslog you posted is from the OBi110, and you're right there is nothing in there from the OBi200.  To be sure you could disable the syslog on the OBi110 and try with just the OBi200 activated.

<7> sendto c0a801c8:5063(877)
That says the INVITE is going to port 5063 at c0a801c8 which is hex for 192.168.1.200
http://www.silisoftware.com/tools/ipconverter.php?convert_from=c0a801c8

Yes, if the sip INVITE makes it to the part of the OBi200 that captures the incoming call it should show in the Syslog.

My guess is something is discarding or diverting it.

As I previously said when I encountered my problem with the OBiTalk it did not show up in the Syslog.

Taoman

Quote from: hwittenb on October 08, 2014, 03:35:58 PM

The OBi200 does not have an FXO port.  I think the syslog you posted is from the OBi110, and you're right there is nothing in there from the OBi200.  To be sure you could disable the syslog on the OBi110 and try with just the OBi200 activated.

Yep, you're right. I really did set up a syslog on my OBi200 on SP4 and I had disabled it on the OBi110 in the portal. But it took power cycling my OBi110 for it to take effect apparently.
Now that the OBi110 syslog is really off and the OBi200 syslog is all that is on I get nothing when making the call.

Quote from: hwittenb

My guess is something is discarding or diverting it.

Kind of looks like it.

hwittenb

Taoman,

I'm not sure what to suggest to advance your application.  I guess you could always say OK OBi you win and accomplish your application using OBiTalk.

The application works for others and myself.  It's hard to know what is stopping it for you.

In narrowing down the problem, if you could call the OBi202 by direct ip calling from some other device over your local network and that works you could infer it is something to do with the OBi110.  If you can't it probably has to do with your router or the OBi202 itself. If you have some other device to make sip uri calls you could use that on your local network to see if the problem is isolated to sending from the OBi.  An old Linksys adapter, an Android Smartphone using CSipSimple, a softphone that allows calling without registration such as XLite. 

Taoman

Quote from: hwittenb on October 08, 2014, 06:39:15 PM

I'm not sure what to suggest to advance your application.  I guess you could always say OK OBi you win and accomplish your application using OBiTalk.

Thanks for you help. I may end up going the OBiTalk route. Thought it would be simple routing it on my own internal network.

I'm curious how you are using Wireshark. I actually used to use Wireshark back when it was called Ethereal and we just had hubs and no switches. Are you able to capture packets directly on your router or are you using some other method? I would probably have to use a dumb hub and plug the 2 OBIs and the wireshark computer into it to be able to see the packets.

azrobert

I'm far from an expert, but this is how I use Wireshark:
The Wireshark computer has a wireless adapter connected my router.
I use the wired ethernet connection as a bridge.
I connect the OBi to the ethernet port on the computer.
Now Wireshark sees the traffic.

Edit:
This is how to setup a bridge on Windows:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6164.0

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on June 19, 2013, 01:21:10 PM

Connect the OBi to the RJ45 port on the computer with an Ethernet Cable.

That's it. My OBi worked without any configuration changes.

Interesting. Where did your OBi get an ip address from? From DHCP server/router through the bridge or was address already configured on OBi itself?

azrobert

My OBi110 is configured for a static IP address.
I just tried my OBi200 which has a static IP assign by the router based on mac address.
It connected, but the router assigned it a different IP address.
The router sees the correct mac address of the OBi200. Strange.

Edit:

When I plug the OBi directly into the router (actually a switch) it connects in a few seconds.
It took considerably longer to connect thru the bridge.
Maybe 30 seconds? Didn't time it.

Edit2:
Maybe the bridge assigned the IP address.

hwittenb

Quote from: Taoman on October 09, 2014, 11:15:45 AM
I'm curious how you are using Wireshark. I actually used to use Wireshark back when it was called Ethereal and we just had hubs and no switches. Are you able to capture packets directly on your router or are you using some other method? I would probably have to use a dumb hub and plug the 2 OBIs and the wireshark computer into it to be able to see the packets.

I started out with Ethereal and then Wireshark just sort of evolved.  My version of WireShark has a great feature for looking at sip.  After you have some data you click on "Telephony" and then "VoIP Calls" and it shows you the voip calls in the capture.  Then you click on the call you want to see and it shows you the signalling for the call.  Click on the signal you want to see and it highlights it in the original capture.  It also shows you the sound for the call and you can listen to it if you wish.  For a free program its hard to beat.

I have an old legacy ethernet hub and I have both my pc and the ata attached to the hub.  That way the pc sees all the packets going to or from the ata and WireShark can capture them.