News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No connection

Started by helpful55, November 10, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

Support has been disgustingly useless. I have SP1 set to my GV # and SP2 to a callcentric #. My Obi has always connected automatically anytime I plug in a live net connection to it. I used to have a regular DSL and plugged into the router. The last few months I have been using a wireless adapter in my desktop and I send it net through the LAN port using sharing or bridging. It has been mostly fine this way but recently I have not been able to get it to connect. I can go back and forth between those sharing options and have occasionally got it working but anymore it just goes through the procedure and the connected green light will go out. I am not getting in or out and the 9 222 222 222 will not connect. I know there is net on this connection as I can connect it to a different desktop and that PC connects. I don't understand that page where it talks about the DMZ or why I need to do that. There are a lot of settings on my wireless adapter but I don't see anything like that for it, or in my W7 sharing or bridging options. I have been wanting to do the firmware update, but I was wanting to make sure that I do it when I have times to fix it if something goes wrong. What can I do here? I "kind" of need my phone.

drgeoff

You cannot really expect OBi to give support for networking issues that are nothing to do with their product.

DMZ is a facility on most routers but it is not applicable to wireless adaptors, PCs, internet connection sharing, bridging etc so you will search in vain for it on any of those.  Also while placing an OBi in a router's DMZ can be useful for diagnostic purposes it is really an absolute last resort to leave it there as a permanent configuration.

Have you configured the OBi IP address settings for DHCP or static?