News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Next step

Started by Rustifer, October 17, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustifer

I've got the softphone set up. I guess the means the OBi device is set up. What's next.

I'm stuck.

I did all this years ago without much trouble. Dont understand why it's so difficult now

drgeoff

Quote from: Rustifer on October 17, 2014, 02:08:12 PM
I've got the softphone set up. I guess the means the OBi device is set up.
I don't see any connection between your two sentences.  But more generally I don't see what you are trying to achieve so don't have any idea as to what you should do next.  >:(

Rustifer

Good point. I am trying to achieve An OBi110 connection to google voice

Rustifer

**************************************************************************************
Add GV as a service provider.  When you go through the procedure, it will use OAUTH 2.0 to authenticate to your GV account.  This will pop up a window, from your Google account, and it will ask you to approve giving OBiTALK permission for offline access to your account.  Once you do that, the OBiTALK provisioning system will go through the authentication process with Google, and it will automatically download the necessary firmware to your device, if it's not already installed.  You will see a spinner icon while this is happening.  You can't make this work properly without using the portal.
**************************************************************************************
I made it all the way to this step, but got no pop up window. I selected Google voice within the approved service providers. It was shown there twice. At the top and at the bottom left hand side of the page.

All I have on my dashboard is a softphone listed.

drgeoff

Did you do the very first step of adding your 110 to the Dashboard?  The bit that involves dialling **5pqrs where pqrs is a 4 digit code given to you on a portal page when you follow the process.

Rustifer

Is that the number where a recorded voice states that something was sent to the server ? If so, yes. I did.

drgeoff

Quote from: Rustifer on October 18, 2014, 09:28:06 AM
Is that the number where a recorded voice states that something was sent to the server ? If so, yes. I did.
Yes, in which case both the 110 and the softphone should be on your dashboard under "My Obi devices".

If the 110 is not there, try doing it again by clicking "Add device" at http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev.

Rustifer

Adding device doesn't do anything. Only get the message something was sent to the server.

Taoman

Quote from: Rustifer on October 18, 2014, 01:47:13 PM
Adding device doesn't do anything. Only get the message something was sent to the server.

Are you able to dial **9 222-222-222 to reach the Echo Test Server?

http://www.obihai.com/faq/OBiTALK-sec/cannot-add-after-dialing-xx5xxxx

Rustifer

I am. And hear my echo.

drgeoff

Rustifer

Problem with communicating with DNS server. Corrected. (not sure how I corrected it though)

But I now have the OBi device added and now shows up on my dash board. Status green.

SP1 & SP2 not configured. Should I go with OBi expert configuration ?

Rustifer

Never mind. I got it. Thanks everyone for helping me out.