News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink voicemail

Started by pothound, October 22, 2014, 05:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

hi  i'm on vestalink. it works fine, but i realized i do not have voicemail notification on my phone. it does show up on my email. i went to voicemail notification page, typed in my phone number, and hit subscribe, a message pops up saying { invalid parameter, unsupported sms...}. i'm missing a step somewhere. has anyone else had this problem?
appreciate help.  thank you
pothound

dircom

Have you logged onto your account, and checked your voicemail settings?

DrewMan

If you are trying to enable the stutter tone and message waiting on your phone... try:

https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1413429-mwi-on-obi-stuttering-dial-tone-message-waiting-notification

You may not have enabled the Message Waiting Indicator option on your Obi.

pothound

thank you
i changed the settings in the obi expert conf section. i logged in to vestalink and put my phone # in and get a parameter error. vestalink support wants me reconfigure by starting all over, which would be a nightmare. i have had this service since april. i do get emails showing who called. i call my phone number from another phone and it does not go to voicemail. it is probably a setting needing to be changed, but where.
thanks again pothound

DrewMan

So you changed the settings in Obi Expert menu, saved and then did you leave yourself a test vmail to see if the stutter tone and MWI came on?

pothound

thank you  i have been working on this for several days with support. they want me to reconfigure it.  nightmare.
i went to obi expert conf and in the mwi subscribe setting i checked the middle square instead of the extreme left square. i was going by the picture, which isn't clear. now that i have that setting correct, i would like to get more detail on what to do about the mwi subscribe expires setting. i have not tried it out yet. also the ringtime is too long.
pothound

ceg3

I think it might be helpful to consider accepting that you might have to occasionally start over. Stutter tone and flashing message waiting indicator just work. I had trouble recently with voice mail not working and had to reset my OBi and rebuild it, but it resolved the issue.  With some practice resetting and rebuilding becomes fairly routine.  It would be nice if VOIP was not hands on at times, but I think I would have to go to AT&T for that kind of service.

pothound

thank you  i have to get used to the idea of reconfiguring. the last time, i did the advance configuration. this time i would like to do the same. i have google voice on sp 1 and vestalink on sp 2. will it fix the time out problem also? i will review this for a while, then give it a try.
pothound

ceg3

If you are referring to MWI timing out that should be working for all Vestalink users.  This has been recently fixed by Ryan at Vestalink.  If after resetting and rebuilding your configuration you are still timing out I would send an email to Ryan's attention, since he is familiar with this issue.  Vestalink eventually came to realize the MWI timing out was a problem on their end.

I would definitely do a factory reset when you reinstall your services by dialing ***81.