News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

forking from Obi110 to Snom320 on LAN

Started by mrjoe, October 28, 2014, 05:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Gone back to the Obi110 because the Disconnect tone wasn't working on the OBi202-OBiLine setup.

I'd like calls that come in on the line to fork to the AA & one of my Snom320s simultaneously.  In other words the AA counts down and answers after 14700ms if no one picks up on the Snom.

I have a Google Voice account on each of the SPs.  Do I need a SIP account setup in order to achieve this?

I can call from 1 of my Snoms to the other merely by dialing 10.100.102.5.

thanks in advance for the help

azrobert

You need an SP trunk defined as SIP, but it doesn't have to be defined on the OBi110. You could route the call to your OBi202 via OBiTalk network then bridge the call to the Snom320. I don't know if you want to do this because the call path would be up to the OBiTalk servers, down to the OBi202 and then to the Snom320.

mrjoe

thank you azrobert.

Is this what I would put in Line Inbound Callroute? {aa,sp2(username of identity@10.100.102.6:5060)}

azrobert

Quote from: mrjoe on October 28, 2014, 08:16:13 AM
Is this what I would put in Line Inbound Callroute? {aa,sp2(username of identity@10.100.102.6:5060)}

Correct.

Plus this for the delay:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> AnswerDelay: 14700

mrjoe

Thanks azrobert.

Can I fork outgoing calls to?

I'd like people to press 1 after pressing 2 in the AA and have it ring me via GV and a SIP address.

azrobert

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute
Add to the beginning:
{1:sp1(8005551212),sp2(anything@10.100.102.6:5060)},

Any number in the range of 1 thru 99 is interpreted as a Speed Dial.
The above will work if you don't defined Speed Dial#1.
I tried setting a Speed Dial to fork the calls, but it did not work.

Edit:
The above is how speed dials work from the phone port. I never tried a blank speed dial from the AA.

mrjoe

Hi Azrobert.

Tried lots of variations but couldn't get the Snom to ring by giving it a local IP.

I got the following message when I tried with 5060
End Call (404 Not Found)

when I used port 5080 (which is the actual port that it uses to connect to the SP) it said it was forking but nothing actually happened.
While I would obviously prefer to have it going via LAN only I'm temporarily using 2 voipfone accounts to achieve it.

with regards to forking 2 outgoing calls, I'm getting a message: "The number you dialled 2 is invalid"

azrobert

You said:
QuoteI can call from 1 of my Snoms to the other merely by dialing 10.100.102.5

What port does the Snom use for the outbound call?

I assume the Snom can have multiple accounts.
I think you should route the call to the port number associated with the account you defined on the Snom. I'm no expert on IP Phones.

Quotewith regards to forking 2 outgoing calls, I'm getting a message: "The number you dialled 2 is invalid"

You wanted to dial "1", not "2". Correct?
The number you dial must pass the AA DigitMap.
The default AA DigitMap will verify "1".

mrjoe

It is built in to the system, even without internet connection or any identities it will work, see here:
http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/Can_I_establish_pure_IP_calls_between_snom_Phones

With regards to the second thing, I did ensure that the number (2 in this case) was also in the dial plan and the outbound callroute as you advised.

azrobert

This is what I tried:
AA DigitMap: Default
AA OutboundCallRoute: {2:ph,sp1(6235941000)}
Speed Dial#2: blank

I dialed 2 for Make a New Call then dialed 2 again.
My OBi110 re-booted. I assume it crashed.
My firmware level is 2824.
It should allow forking, so I believe this is a bug.

I then tried the following and it worked:
AA OutboundCallRoute: {2:sp1(6235941000)}

mrjoe

::) It rung a bell:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4197.msg27580#msg27580

Quote from: ianobi on September 20, 2012, 10:13:28 AM
I usually work by trial and error - lots of error in my case  :)  but as a last resort I sometimes read the OBi Admin Guide. Page 118:

Note that while forking to multiple numbers in an AA outbound call routing rule is not supported on OBi100 and OBi110, it is supported on the OBi202.
For example, on the OBi202 you may have a rule like this: {0:ph,ph2} which forks to ring both PHONE1 and PHONE2. In general you can have up to 4 destinations is a forking rule. On the other hand, you must not specify more than one destination number on the OBi100 and OBi110.

mrjoe

Quote from: mrjoe on October 28, 2014, 11:25:02 AM
Hi Azrobert.

Tried lots of variations but couldn't get the Snom to ring by giving it a local IP.

I got the following message when I tried with 5060
End Call (404 Not Found)

when I used port 5080 (which is the actual port that it uses to connect to the SP) it said it was forking but nothing actually happened.
While I would obviously prefer to have it going via LAN only I'm temporarily using 2 voipfone accounts to achieve it.

with regards to forking 2 outgoing calls, I'm getting a message: "The number you dialled 2 is invalid"

Got it working, the problem was that I was forcing the g722 codec on the snom and the Obi110 wasn't able to "relate to that".

thanks for your assistance.