News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues with obihai to dial in to a conference call with passcode

Started by ranantha, October 31, 2014, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranantha

Last week bought a OBIHAI100 adapter from Amazon to setup with GV.

OBIHAI 100 Firmware 1.3.0 (Build: 2872)

I cannot get into conference calls with a pass-code.
I enter the conference call number and it asks to enter the pass-code.
I input the pass-code and the phone tone goes blank for 5-10 secs and disconnects.

Raised a ticket(OBi100 300811852) with Obihai support who asked to  change the following configuration first on my OBi device:

1. Log in to your OBiTALK account
2. Under OBi Dashboard, click on  your OBi device 3. Go to Expert Configuration 4. Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General, change DTFMethod to Inband.

Note: You will need to uncheck both "OBiTALK settings" and "DeviceDefault"
to make changes to the parameters.

I did that will no success. Same behavior as detailed above.

Then they asked me to check directly dial with google voice without Obihai to a conference bridge to see if it works and it did work without any issues.

Lastly they asked me to change phones and try and I tried with 2 different phone but no sucess. same behavior on both phones.

Finally they asked me to post in this form and see if anybody can help me resolve this issue. :(

please your help is appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: ranantha on October 31, 2014, 01:54:02 PM
1. Log in to your OBiTALK account
2. Under OBi Dashboard, click on  your OBi device 3. Go to Expert Configuration 4. Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General, change DTFMethod to Inband.

Note: You will need to uncheck both "OBiTALK settings" and "DeviceDefault"
to make changes to the parameters.
There is a missing step in the above instructions from OBihai. Add:

5.  Click on "Submit" in the group of 3 buttons at the bottom.

But maybe you did that anyway.

ranantha

Yes.  I did press submit and also did a reboot Checked the values too after reboot.

azrobert

I thought Obihai fixed all the DTMF problems.
Anyway, you can try the other DTMFMethods (RFC2833 and SIPInfo).

If that fails try all the DTMSMethods with
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DTMFRxMode: Software

ranantha

Kuda

Exact same issue I am facing, I have obi100 too.
And tried all Inboud/Software settings recommended on internet, still doesn't work.
Here is what I do....

I dial 10 digit US number
Dial 10 digit passcode for conf call and press '#'
Conf call telco speaks 'Please wait while we check the conf code....', and then 10-20 secs later, the call disconnects.

TrapDoor

I have an OBi100 on a voip.ms account. I tried the voip.ms DTMF test (dial 4747) using all four different DTMFMethod options on the OBi. Each time all digits reported back properly except the '#' key. The test returned an acknowledgement beep indicating it received something but the verbal message identifying that keypress was missing.

I'm using firmware 1.3.0. build 2824.

ranantha

any updates? does this need to be fixed by OBIHAI? new firmware?

ProfTech

It may seem on the surface that this is related to the Obi but I suspect the problem actually lies with the service provider [Google]. There have been many reports of this issue with Google, especially when calling toll free numbers. I have also seen this issue to be worse with some SIP service providers, as well. I personally have seen where the same phone set, same Obi will work fine with one service provider and have major issues with DTMF when using a different provider. Google is free. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

ranantha

I have already checked that the same number when called directly with google voice works from multiple phones. So i do not think google is the issue here.