News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

foward US to Canadian including orignal caller ID

Started by Novice, November 09, 2014, 10:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I want to cancel my US cell plan, park the number somewhere, and have it forwarded to my Canadian cell.

I know that i can do that with voip.ms, but that will cost me $1/month + a couple cents/minute (say 1000 minutes a month). I was wondering if I can do for free with my OBI.

I have FPL/GV already on my OBI, and was thinking of porting the US number to GV, and using OBI inbound-call-routes/call-forwarding, but neither FPL nor GV allow spoofing the caller ID. However, you can set CallerIDName in OBI and FPL will pass it through - I was thinking of shoving the original caller ID number into CallerIDName - does anyone know if that can be done - so far i've only set CallerIDName once in expert mode, but never on the fly on a per call basis.

Any other free/cheap providers that allow spoofing or any other suggestions on how to do this for free or significantly cheaper than voip.ms?
One time porting fees are fine, but i'd like to avoid as much of the monthly costs as I can.

azrobert

Get a free account at Callcentric (IP Freedom account) or Sip2Sip.
Install a softphone on your cell and register it to one of the above accounts.

In your OBi:
Voice services -> SP1 service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1)
or
ph,sp2(your_sip2sip_userid@sip2sip.net;ui=$1)

SP2 must be defined as SIP.
17771234567 is your Callcentric account number.

http://www.callcentric.com/products/

https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtml

If you don't have an SP defined as SIP, setup a dummy SIP definition like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

If you have an Android phone I like CSipSimple softphone.