News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 won't configure for Google Voice.

Started by tbell, November 09, 2014, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbell

Hello...New to this.  I have obi200.  I have configured sp1 to freephone line.ca, and it seems to be working fine.

I tried to configure SP2 to google voice.  I used this tutorial..http://blog.voipdiy.com/2013/07/obi202-configure-google-voice-voipms.html.. and SP2 will not configure.  It seems fairly simple to configure sp2 using the Google voice box and simply adding user name and password.  Each time I reboot changes, sp2 shows up as not being configured. I am manually trying to do this through the IP address, not via the Obi web site.  Any suggestions....tbell

Hortoristic

Since getting the latest firmware - my GV says not configured and I've been an OBI user for many years and I can't get it to take GV.

I kicked off a ticket with OBHAI but haven't heard back - and you seem to be the first guy I've encountered with similar challenge.

For years I've been using SP1 for GV, I even tried configuring a whole new SP3 from scratch and it just says "not configured".

I found your post while looking into how I might roll back firmware.

Taoman

Quote from: Hortoristic on November 14, 2014, 08:52:38 AM

For years I've been using SP1 for GV, I even tried configuring a whole new SP3 from scratch and it just says "not configured".

How are you trying to configure GV? Are you using the Obitalk web portal or the built in web interface on the OBi itself?

The new firmware only allows you to configure a Google Voice trunk via the Obitalk web portal.

Hortoristic

I do all  my configuration outside of OBITALK portal - using url IP of my 202 device.

This was an existing SP that was configuring - why would their firmware disable it and force me to reconfigure the SP via the OBITALK portal?  I have quite a few complexities in my call routes and don't want the portal to overwrite them.

I suppose if what you are saying is true, I need to copy and past all my many years of adjusting strings into notepad, turn auto provisioning on, get GV working, turn auto provisioning back off then paste all my strings back in place - what a pain! 

Taoman

Quote from: Hortoristic on November 14, 2014, 09:11:29 AM

I suppose if what you are saying is true, I need to copy and past all my many years of adjusting strings into notepad, turn auto provisioning on, get GV working, turn auto provisioning back off then paste all my strings back in place - what a pain! 

Read this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

MarkObihai

Quote from: Hortoristic on November 14, 2014, 09:11:29 AM
I do all  my configuration outside of OBITALK portal - using url IP of my 202 device.

I suppose if what you are saying is true, I need to copy and past all my many years of adjusting strings into notepad, turn auto provisioning on, get GV working, turn auto provisioning back off then paste all my strings back in place

It's important to make sure you don't lose any of your settings - so let's back them up:

Go to System Management --> Device Update - then at the "Backup Configuration" option backup your config.  Within the downloaded xml file you can confirm elements of your changes within the file.  

Then, if you ever need to restore the config, go to the System Management --> Device Update page and use the "Restore Configuration" option.

You only need to use OBiTALK to setup the GV service, not to maintain your device - just ensure you add GV back to the same SP slot.

We always recommend that people manage their device via the OBiTALK portal to ensure the device operates correctly and can be supported as required.  We offer everyone the option to manage their device as they wish, however the supported method of device management is always via the OBiTALK portal.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)