News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring Delay When Using PSTN Line on OBi 200

Started by bsdaiwa, November 10, 2014, 03:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have an OBi 200 with a OBiline attached and the PSTN line is the primary line. When I attempt a call using the PSTN line there seems to be a longer than "normal" delay until I hear the ringing. The normal I am referring to would be when the phone was connected directly to the PSTN line not going through the Obi.
Can anyone tell me if there is a setting that would eliminate this delay or reduce it? Also if this delay is effecting outbound calls would it also effect inbound calls reaching the handset and is there a setting to reduce that dealy?

azrobert

Outbound Calls:

Does dialing # at the end of the dialed number eliminate the delay?
I don't have an OBiLine adapter for my OBi200
This is the default DigitMap for my OBi110:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
There will be a 4 second delay for 7 digit numbers because of the S4.
There will be a 2 second delay for 11 digit numbers because it potentially can match "xx.".
There will be a 10 second delay for 10 digit numbers because it will only match "xx.".
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)
There will be a 4 second delay for 7 digit numbers because of the S4.
There will be no delay for 11 digit numbers because it only matches "1xxxxxxxxxx".
There will be no delay for 10 digit numbers because it only matches "[2-9]xxxxxxxxx".
If you have the type of phone where you dial the number then press Send/Talk:
(xxxxxxxS1|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)
There will be a 1 second delay for 7 digit numbers because of the S1.

azrobert

Inbound Calls:

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> RingDelay: 4000
The above default will cause a 4 second delay on inbound calls.
In the US the callerid is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd ring.
The delay is needed if you use the callerid to process the call like blocking by callerid.
The OBi needs the delay to obtain the callerid before proceeding.
If you don't use callerid set RingDelay to 0.
The callerid will still display on your handset.
If you use callerid try reducing RingDelay by 100 until it stops working then bump it up by 100.
Mine works with 2700.