News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward - Cannot Disable

Started by chatterbox, November 12, 2014, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hello,

I was using a Obi110 configured with Vestalink and Google Voice.
I forward all calls (using the Star Code Feature) to my cell which is a different number from my Vestalink and GV numbers.
I did not disable Call Forward on that Obi110, I just deleted it from the profile.
Then I set up a Obi202 on the same profile and configured the same Vestalink and GV numbers on this new Obi202,
The Call Forward continued without me setting up Call Forward on this new Obi202.
I tried to disable Call Forwarding (*73)(*61)(*63), but it will not stop forwarding.
I also forward (via my GV profile) that GV number to my cell.

I need to stop the Vestalink calls from forwarding.
I tried disabling forwarding in GV then using the Star Codes on the Obi202.
I tried adding the Obi110 back to my profile (with the Obi202 still in place) and using the Star Codes on the both the 110 and 202.
Still forwarding.

Please advise/help me to fix this.

Thanks.

Taoman

What does the call history on your OBi show when someone calls your Vestalink number? Do you see it being routed out to your cell phone number? If you do, what does your X_InboundCallRoute field say under the SPx service for Vestalink?

You're positive the forwarding isn't happening at Vestalink? I seem to remember you could set up forwarding in the Vestalink portal.

chatterbox

Taoman, thank you for for response.
I don't know where/how to find my call history on Obi interface. Please point that out to me.
The X-InboundCallRoute field says: {ph1,ph2}
Then after checking my Vestalink profile (because you mentioned Vestalink) I see that there is a Ring All Feature, which allow users to add external numbers and have their Vestalink number and the external number both ring for incoming calls.
This was enabled in my Vestalink profile, so I disabled it.
Now the "call forwarding" has stopped.
I must have set this up some time ago - probably experimenting - and forgot about it (now who feels like an idiot) :)

Thank for your help/tip.

So I have since used Obi Star Codes on my 202 to enable and disable Call Forwarding and that work perfectly.
Obi202 (nor Obi110) was not the problem .... I was.

Thanks

lrosenman

Call History on the OBI is on it's local web interface, and under the "Status" entry.

Taoman

Quote from: chatterbox on November 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

I don't know where/how to find my call history on Obi interface. Please point that out to me.

Status>Call History using the web interface on your OBi directly (not using the Obitalk portal). Point a browser to the ip address of your OBi (dial ***1 from OBi connected phone for ip address)
default username and password is admin

chatterbox