News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 direct communication

Started by pmh1234, November 16, 2014, 12:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmh1234

Hi.
We work with machinery with plc controls that we want to be able to monitor from the office.
We install in the machinery a unit that makes a VPN tunnel from the remote located machine to a pc in our office with the VPN software.
Now we want also to be able to connect a phone on the machine side to a phone on the office side. For that purpose I have purchased 2 OBI100 with analog phones connected.
Connected to the internet there is no problem. But to avoid problems with client side firewalls we would like a solution where the phones was connected on either side of the tunnel with no need to access the internet (OBItalk).
Is there a way to get the phones connected directly?

azrobert

On both obi's what do you have defined on SP1 and SP2?

drgeoff

I think it should be possible to give each OBi a static IP address and set up a speed dial on each one to call the other on that address. Or if you want the phones only as a "closed circuit" point to point intercom, set them to hot-dial the other one immediately on taking the handset off-hook.

I haven't done this myself, so can't give detailed instructions.

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : xx.xx.xx.xx
xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the other OBi100

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
userid will be seen as the callerid

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap
Add AFTER the beginning parenthesis:
<S2:0>|

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute
Add to the beginning:
{0:sp1},

Same modifications for both OBi100s, except for the IP address.
Take the phone off-hook and it will automatically call the other OBi100 after a 2 second pause.

pmh1234

Thank you very much.
Will try that.