News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

People get a Busy signal when they call me

Started by Payam, February 24, 2014, 06:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payam

Hi,

I have an account with Freephoneline and I have got my username and password file. I set up my OBi100 adapter. I use
Service Provider Proxy Server: voip.freephoneline.ca
Service Provider Proxy Server Port: 5060
Outbound Proxy Server Port :5060
The odd thing is that in my OBITLK account it shows RingCentral as my provider.
I can call any phone number with no problem but my problem is  when somebody calls my number gets a busy signal (but few times it goes through and they can connect) It's kind of  a random thing. can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks

OneForTheTeam

Are you able to try this with any other provider? If the same problem persists I suspect this might be due to some issues with Off-hook/on-hook voltage settings. You can search the forums for this or wait until the more knowledgeable ones chime in.

Payam

I havent checked it yet with other providers. I did a test and in my OBITALK account(freephoneline), I just go and submit again and the line works for a minute or so (I can receive calls). And again after two minutes, the busy signal for the callers.

Mango

Set your RegistrationPeriod to 3600, enable X_KeepAliveEnable if it is not already, and reboot your device.  If you use OBiTALK to provision your device, you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to change this setting.

If that works, I would be interested to know if 900 works, and if not, then 1800.

FPL has recently started blocking customers who register too frequently and is recommending a RegistrationPeriod of 3600.  I dislike registration every hour but it's up to them, not me.

QBZappy

I had the same problem with Freephoneline. Simply increasing the registration period was not enough for me. In my case I also had to use their secondary SIP Server URL of voip2.freephoneline.ca. I haven't changed it back to primary URL of voip.freephoneline.ca since the connection is stable.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Payam

I used the secondary SIP server , it didnt work. the registration period is set to 3600. I didnt find the X_KeepAliveEnable in the configuration

azrobert

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_KeepAliveEnable: Checked

It's the 8th setting from the top.
This fixed a similar problem I had with a different provider.

Payam

it was checked under obitalk setting. I changed and checked  under device default but it did not work. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Payam

should I also change X_keepaliveexpire. It is set to 15 currently?

Mango

The official guide says 20, though that is probably not causing your problem.

Verify your device is configured exactly to the specifications at http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090 .  If it is already configured that way, let us know what router you are using.