News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Moving Aveno 911 service from OBi100 to OBi202

Started by Waterstone, November 17, 2014, 06:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterstone

I bought a OBi100 for testing and checking out the service of VOIP.  Now that I find it is all good, I bought a OBI202 to take care of more lines. 
Is it possible, or how is it done to move the Aveno 911 service from the OBi100 to the OBi202.  I will also be moving over the phone number I have with ring.to from the 100 to the 202.

ceg3

I believe you should be able to extract the SIP user name and password credentials either from your Anveo dashboard or from your current OBiTALK SP set up for Anveo 911 and insert them into the SP of your choice on your new OBi.  The connection should be automatic.  You have E911 on your home address for 12 months, not the device.

Waterstone

I have successfully moved over the Aveno service.. one problem... I have PP on SP1 which has full 911 service... SP2 has my ringto which needs the Aveno 911 service.  I notice that the programming shows that the SP3 is registered, however the emergency service for SP1... How do I change the programming so the SP3 is the emergency routing for SP2 and not SP1.
                                                        Phone 1             Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:  SP1                  SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:      SP1,SP2,SP3    SP2,SP3
Voicemail Notification Alert from:                SP1               SP2
Emergency Service Call Routes to:              SP1            SP1 ***** this is the one I need SP3

lrosenman

why can't the PP 911 serve as the 911 for the DEVICE, I.E. ANY phone that dials 911, uses PP?

ceg3

You only need one E911 service.  To test it pick up any line and dial 933 for a 911 test.  You should get a positive result for all services.

rolandh

lrosenman and ceg3 are correct, you only need one 911 service for the device. The OP's confusion may stem from the requirement that one purchase 911 service from Anveo in order to enable RingTo on the OBi. My understanding is that RingTo requires a 911 service be present on the OBi. Obihai, in turn, partnered with Anveo to provide that service and  enforces the Anveo requirement via the OBiTalk portal when provisioning RingTo service.

Unfortunately for the OP it means he's spending money for an additional 911 service (Anveo) without benefit. Those of us who use other service providers, such as Callcentric along with RingTo are in a similar situation. All of that said, I believe the $12 paid annually to Anveo in exchange for otherwise free service with RingTo to be acceptable.

Waterstone

When I dial 933 from the SP2 line.. I get,  "The number you have been dialed has not been recognized, please try again."

Also, just tried another test... either phone I try this from... phone port 1 or phone port 2 with the below setting I get all the same recording.. so I have no 911 service then, correct?
                                                               Phone 1               Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:       SP1                        SP2        PhonePower
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:       SP1,SP2,SP3             SP2,SP3      Ringto
Voicemail Notification Alert from:                SP1                          SP2
Emergency Service Call Routes to:               SP1                         SP1

rolandh

Not necessarily! Dialing 933 as a 911 test works for Anveo. I don't know about PhonePower as I've never used their service. You could contact PhonePower support and ask how to test 911.

In the meantime, you might want to try this. Presuming Anveo is on SP3, dial **3 followed by 933#. This should get you Anveo's 911 test system. If that works and you'd like to use Anveo rather than PhonePower for 911 come back and I'll explain further.

Again, 911 service is tied to the device not ti individual lines or SP slots, which are not the same thing.

Waterstone

I understand the principal of what you are saying... I removed and re-added the Aveno and Ringto service and then the SP3 became the 911 service..
However, I see in SP1 which is my PP service there is a section that says...
When 911 is called via the OBi this service will be used.  if an X is put there.. that becomes the 911 service for the Obi  so it changed the SP3 to SP1... so I am good with that providing it works... I will check with PP on how to test the 911 without having to actually call them.
Thank you for your input on this to help me understand...

rolandh

You sir, are correct! If you look at Anveo on SP3, you'll see "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls
When 911 is called via the OBi this service will be used. Test by dialing 933." Whichever one you check will determine the service the OBi uses. You may switch between PhonePower and Anveo pretty much at will, though I'd pick one or the other and leave it alone. No need to remove and reprovision either RingTo or Anveo should you want to switch between your available 911 services.

Waterstone

Thanks again... still learning.... Have a great Holiday Season :D