News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTalk.com will not recognize my new OBi200 device

Started by PVM1, November 26, 2014, 07:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PVM1

Power light is solid green, internet light is showing activity.  Phone light will not come on and cannot connect to ObiTalk.  What's going on?

drgeoff

Do you mean you cannot register the device using the **5 procedure or do you mean you have already done that but the **9 222 222 222 number is failing with the error message "The number you dialled .....was rejected by the Service Provider"?

If the latter, that's a known issue at the moment. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9050.0

If the former, it may be another symptom of whatever is responsible for the latter.

Suggest you hang fire until the latter is reported fixed before you tear your hair out trying to solve a problem that is outside your control.

PVM1

SteveInWA

See:  http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/adddev

But, like drgeoff said, wait to follow this procedure until the echo test server works.

drgeoff

hjobi

Quote from: drgeoff on November 26, 2014, 05:02:17 PM
The ObiTALK echo test server is working again.

It seemed to be working yesterday but can anyone confirm whether or not it's down again today? I just got a new ObiTalk and haven't been able to register it through the website for the past two days.

drgeoff

The echo test number has been down again for most of the day and still as I type this.  The OBiTALK was also not working properly but seems to have been OK for the last few hours.

hjobi

Is adding a device through the website via the **5 method been down for as long as the echo test has??? I still can't add my device, it's been over a week with this problem. This is very frustrating.

I get the "The number you dialed **5 XXXX has been sent to the server" message, so I presume that means my obi talk can at least reach the server. Before the echo test stopped working reliably I was able to do that fine too...I don't think this is a connectivity issue. But adding the device on the website just times out every time.

ianobi

In your router ensure that port 10000 is forwarded to your OBi device. Alternatively, put your OBi device in your routers' DMZ, then try **5. Do not leave your OBi in DMZ long term.

Try several times as the **5 procedure does time out if the servers are busy.

hjobi

I see communication on port 10000 between my obi100 (192.168.1.5) and a server, traffic in both directions.

Why won't it register on the website  :-[

zorlac

Quote from: ianobi on December 05, 2014, 07:18:02 AM
Do not leave your OBi in DMZ long term.
Other that SIP scanners, what's the big downside to this?

hjobi

Alright...well I did a factory reset with the small button on the bottom and now the echo test works for me again (did before...then stopped working)

But still can't register my device with my profile on the website, always times out.

hjobi

You gotta be kidding me, it's DNS issues.

Switched the built in/default DNS (which Im used to using anyway, 4.2.2.2/4.2.2.3) to 8.8.8.8 and now it's working

What the hell  ???

But happy it works now!

zorlac

Quote from: hjobi on December 05, 2014, 10:32:52 AM
Alright...well I did a factory reset with the small button on the bottom
***8 on the handset accomplishes the same thing a bit easier.

ianobi

QuoteQuote from: ianobi on December 05, 2014, 07:18:02 am

Do not leave your OBi in DMZ long term.
Other that SIP scanners, what's the big downside to this?

It's just a general note of caution about exposing any device to the internet with no firewall of any sort. For most OBi devices there's not much a hacker can steal that's of any use.

zorlac

Quote from: ianobi on December 06, 2014, 03:02:42 AM
It's just a general note of caution about exposing any device to the internet with no firewall of any sort. For most OBi devices there's not much a hacker can steal that's of any use.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

hjobi