News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Take SUPPORT out to the woodshed!

Started by BruceFerjulian, November 26, 2014, 04:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceFerjulian

Problem: Cannot locally save [ User Prompts/UserxDescription(s) ]

So I can record voice prompts into locations in the "Auto Attendent" but cannot't name them. I open a support call ( 200140461 ) and after three or four exchanges back and forth it's pretty apparent nobody is reading my responses.

I describe a detailed step by step how to reproduce the problem and the response it to do what I already described (already done) during the email exchanges.

What is probably the final word from my support call is this response.

[ Obihai Support Team ] - "Also note that we will not be able to support you once you have disable OBiTALK provisioning."

So if you do not allow your device to be remotely managed, support will not help you? This should come as a shock to anyone with security concerns that has no desire to have OBi remotely manage their devices.

Again, who owns this device!

I am not the only one that cannot change the text in this field. See my original post that another member also could not accomplish the same task. If there is a way to do this locally without using remote management as it should be possible, anyone that can help would be appreciated. Heck I even tried to edit the XML configuration and add the missing string but that didn't work either.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0

-Bruce-

BruceFerjulian

So after eight ( 8 ) emails back and forth, support claiming nothing was wrong, the last email from support finally admits something is wrong. Could have been the configuration file and instructions on how to exactly duplicate the problem helped them change their minds.

Hi Bruce,

It appears to be a bug affecting the User Prompts, UserDescription. Other
parameters should not be affected.

Our team is currently looking into this and working on a solution. Thank
you again for your patience and for reporting this issue.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

[ UPDATE ]

Now after many emails to support about any possible update, Obihai support has yet to return one email requesting an update to the agreed to Obi problem.

BruceFerjulian

The last email from support admitting my problem was December 3, 2014

Now waiting 1/yr-5/mo I figure the only software update since opening my support ticket would include the fix.

SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2872) Last Update May 2016.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

OBI support is useless.  >:(

If your unit doesn't work correctly of the box software wise, return it because Obi won't fix it.

Mango

BruceFerjulian

The build after loading was ( SoftwareVersion 1.3.0 (Build: 2886) ).

Trying to load your link ( thank you for the suggestion ), after the load the message was, nothing has changed, you are at the same version.

So to recap, 15/mo later, the only update did not provide a fix.

Heck, where are the release notes to what was fixed in the update, that would have been welcome. The release notes would have given everyone a good idea how much work went into the update itself.