News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Calls to India (country code 91) does not go through

Started by movieboy, November 26, 2014, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movieboy

Hi,

I have noticed that GV calls from OBI110 does not go through for India. I am getting this message "We could not complete your call. Please try again".

Calls to other countries (+92, +44, +1) go through fine. Any one faced similar issue?

thanks.

SteveInWA

This happens occasionally -- it's usually transient; there's typically a problem with one of the many long-distance providers, and it takes a while for the problem to be discovered and fixed.  There's nothing wrong with your equipment or setup.

The Google Voice staff is off for the rest of the week, so if it requires human intervention, don't expect it to be fixed immediately.

movieboy

Thanks for the clarification.

It is still not working though  :(

However, I am able to make calls from Google talk, hangout, google voice, etc.

SteveInWA

So, just to be certain I understand you:

You are in the United States, trying to call to India, not in India trying to call an Indian number, correct?  Domestic calls are not supported in India.

You can call numbers in India using Google Hangouts.

If this is correct, then you probably have an incorrect digit map, perhaps interpreting the country code for India (+91 or 011 91) as 911.  I'm not the digit map expert, so I'll let one of the folks who is an expert take a crack at it.

azrobert

Look at the OBi110's call history to see if the number is being sent correctly to GV.
It should look like this:

Terminal ID        Phone1               GoogleVoice1
Peer Name
Peer Number      01191........         01191.........
Direction            Outbound            Outbound

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

HelloG

I'm able to use GV configured on my Obi 110 to successfully make calls to India. I dial 011 91 .... and it works perfectly. I have not customized anything on my Obi except for setting speed dial numbers. GV is my primary line to dial out from the Obi.