News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

make primary line present the auto attendant for trusted devices

Started by samjoandco, November 27, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samjoandco

i have configured GV as primary and phone power as secondary.
i only want to receive invcoming calls on phonepower and use GV for all outbound calls. which i have already managed to do.
however when i call from a trusted device i get presented by obi auto attendant on my 2nd / secondary line ; how can i make it happen for the 1st /primary instead?

ianobi

The auto attendant has its own setting for Primary Line. Assuming that GV is configured on sp1 then the following settings should work for you:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

samjoandco

thanks ianobi
actually that's how it's configured right now; I want Obi attendant prompts on primary line and no prompts on secondary line.

ianobi

Looks like I may have misunderstood the question (not for the first time!).

When you input a "Trusted Caller" from the menu on the OBi Dashboard it assumes that you want it to be "trusted" in all InboundCallRoutes. To remove it from one InboundCallRoute look for a rule with "aa" in it. For example if phone power is on sp2 the InboundCallRoute may look something like this:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{12345678901:aa},{ph},{other existing rules here ...

Where 12345678901 is the Trusted Caller. Delete this rule {12345678901:aa} and calls from that number will not be directed to the auto attendant and so will not get those prompts.

Make the changes as I suggested in my previous reply.