News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Test call fails; **5 ok, inbound obi call ok

Started by Venevidivici, November 29, 2014, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venevidivici

Please help.  I moved my Obi 202 to a new IP address and lan segment.  As before, the obi has a non-NAT real outside IP address and an open firewall -- just a different IP in the same block.  I've deleted and repeated setup many times in as many combinations as I can think of. 

The **5 number registration goes fine and I get a device listing in the obitalk portal.  But sometimes the green light in the obitalk portal shows the device online, and sometimes it shows offline, when I hadn't done anything differently.

Strangely, I can RECEIVE calls just fine from another obi user (with **9-my-obi-number) regardless of all this.

But I get "rejected" with "404" when dialing **9-222-222-222, every time, regardless of whether I try before or after setup.

I will not be using GV on this Obi.

I've tried deleting the device from obitalk, using the hardware reset pin on the obi, both of those at once, everything I can think of.

As a final data point, my 3rd party generic sip account (sip2sip.info) won't register any more either (obitalk reports "403 this domain is not served h").  But that could be my fault as I didn't write down my previous sip2sip settings.

Any troubleshooting tips will be greatly appreciated!

ianobi

My guess is that your OBi is working fine. **9 222 222 222 has been very unreliable for about a week now. I'm also getting the 404 failure when dialling it just now.

My sip2sip account seems fine just now - I just dialled their 3333 music number - a very cool James Bond theme!

Venevidivici

Thanks for the heads up about the echo test 404s!  Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Since posting, my obitalk dashboard now shows green, my sip2sip now shows connected, and my James Bond call now goes through.

I love that test song.  It's a zesty little rendition of a classic theme, isn't it.  I've called it on occasion just to listen and enjoy.  I probably shouldn't tell people that.