News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi continues to ring after GVoice call picked up elsewhere

Started by nik.taylor, December 02, 2014, 07:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nik.taylor

I have my GVoice number linked up to several phones including obi 100, office and cell.  When i pick up the GVoice call on any other device, the Obi continues to ring until it times out or i pick up and answer.  Of course, when i answer, the call has already been connected and the line is silent.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

ceg3

I had the same problem recently.  Here is my post  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9029.0

Deleting GV and reinstalling it through OBiTALK fixed it for me.

nik.taylor

Thanks.  Did a factory reset then added back.  Hopefully that fixes it.

giqcass

I have also had this issue but I don't think it's just an Obi issue.  I have noticed GV ringing other forwarding numbers(Callcentric) after I have picked up on my cell phone.  I have even got several blank voicemail messages as a result.
Long live our new ObiLords!

nik.taylor

Well, it fixed it for the first call and then second call went back to continuous ringing. 

Anyone from tech support able to look into this?

Thanks.

managerharry

I am also experiencing this-- when I answer a call on the phone connected to my Obi202 it continues to ring through to my cell phone but if I answer the line is dead of course.  If I don't answer the second ring or miss the call completely I get a blank 3 minute voicemail in Google Voice. Very annoying since I now get these blank messages almost every call that comes in. I have deleted and then readded Google Voice via Obitalk portal to no effect.

nik.taylor

Well, it seems to have fixed itself again.  Not sure if it was the remove and re-add or someone did some magic in the background, but to date, only the very first call after i re-added continued to ring.  Everything after that has stopped ringing after i picked up another line.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: giqcass on December 02, 2014, 10:11:36 PM
I have also had this issue but I don't think it's just an Obi issue.  I have noticed GV ringing other forwarding numbers(Callcentric) after I have picked up on my cell phone.  I have even got several blank voicemail messages as a result.

This seems to be a chronic intermittent issue.  I experienced this issue a number of times, but each time it has cleared up without an intervention from me. 

I forward calls from Google Voice to Vestalink and to voip.ms and Hangouts rings on my mobile.
BigJimMcD