News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help with OBI202 - Getting OBI to dial number and Pin when 9 is dialed

Started by ketan, December 03, 2014, 06:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ketan

Hello there,

I am new on here and not sure where to ask my question. I have looked around and was not able to find anything on it.

Currently, on my OBI202 I have google voice setup for domestic calls and use separate vonage account for international calls. Im getting tired of managing two separate physical phones. I would essentially like to connect vonage to OBI but since OBI202 cannot handle landline, I cannot connect it.

The way I think I can get away from having two different phones is by using vonage extension which requires first dialing a phone number and a pin before dialing destination phone number.

So now in order for me to make an international call, i have to first dial vonage extension and enter pin number ( (415) 363-0426, 9999 (4 digit pin)) than dial the phone number i want to call.

Is there a way to setup OBI to dial (415) 363-0426 and the pin 9999 when 9 is dialed? (or any other short code?)

If so how would i accomplish this? I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thank you very much for your time.

ketan

ok i setup speed dial on 4# with vonage ext number which seems to be working. Now is there a way to add pin number to speed dial?

azrobert

The OBi202 can't insert a pause between 2 numbers, so you can't do what you want.

You can use the Speed Dial to dial the Vonage number then dial the PIN yourself.

If you have a phone with a Phone Book you can setup an entry with the Number/Speed Dial, Pause and PIN.

You can buy an OBiline adapter and connect the OBi202 to the Vonage box. Some people have reported an echo when using the OBiline adapter.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on December 03, 2014, 07:15:31 AM
The OBi202 can't insert a pause between 2 numbers, so you can't do what you want.
For anyone else (I'm sure azrobert already understands) who comes upon this in the future.

When any call is initiated from an internet phone (SIP, GV, Skype, Vonage etc) the called number is not sent over the internet as DTMF tones ("touch tones") as with conventional POTS landline service.  The number is sent as part of a message string over a data path.  However, the called Vonage extension, when it answers, is expecting the PIN and follow-on number to come in as DTMF tones over the analogue speech path that is emulated by the analogue to digital and digital to analogue conversions.

So the OP's requirement is not just that the OBi insert a pause after dialling part of a speed-dial number.  The OBi would need to initiate the call using part of the stored speed-dial, wait a suitable period for the call to be answered and then take the rest of the number and process it in a completely different manner so that it arrives as a sequence of DTMF tones.