News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric setup for Obi202 and 7 Digit Dialing

Started by telecomm, December 15, 2014, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

telecomm

Hello -

I followed CCs instructions on how to setup the Oci202, including the DigitMap which is located here:

http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi202

I am usingh ObiExpert config so wanted to avoid using the simple dashboard.  I lost my ability to 7 digti dial and have to use 1+area code.  I would like to use 7 digit for a default area code.  Any ideas on how I can get that back?

Thanks!

telecomm

From CC support:

In general, if you would like to dial out towards our services, you will need to dial the full 11 digits to do so, as described on the following FAQ (http://www.callcentric.com/faq/6/181).

If your device supports the ability to have complex dialing patterns, you should be able to configure your device to perform 7 as well as 10 digit dialing. From our records, as you've pointed out already, we see that you are using an Obi202, which should support the ability to perform 7 digit dialing. If you would like to perform 7 digit dialing within your Obi202, please visit the "Service Providers >> ITSP Profile >> General" configuration page, and set the following on the "DigitMap" option:

"(*75xx|**275x.|<:1NPA>[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)" (without the quotes)

* Where NPA is located, please place your area code; i.e. 212

So if you would like your device to automatically prefix "1212" given if only 7 digits are sent to the device, please use the following dialing plan:

"(*75xx|**275x.|<:1212>[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)" (without the quotes)

ProfTech

I know you didn't ask but I'll just mention that it is somewhat pointless to try and configure the Obi for both 10 digit and 7 digit dialing. Mostly you can have one or the other but both on the same device may not work out very well. The reason is the first 7 digits of the digit mask are the same. [2-9]xxxxxx for 7 digits and [2-9]xxxxxxxxx for 10 digits. If you are trying to dial a 10 digit number and dial too slowly the Obi will "grab" the first 7 digits and start dialing. Sometimes the "short" timer is added [2-9]xxxxxxS4 to help when dialing a 10 digit number but not sure how much that really helps. If you really desire to use 7 digit dialing it may be best to force the user to dial 11 digits [1+] for out-of-area-code numbers. That way the Obi can always tell the difference because those numbers will always begin with a "1" i.e., "1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx". Note that I had to add "![^1]xxxxxxxxxS0" to the phone port digit map in order to block 10 digit dialing correctly though.

azrobert

Quote from: ProfTech on December 15, 2014, 08:09:36 PM
If you are trying to dial a 10 digit number and dial too slowly the Obi will "grab" the first 7 digits and start dialing.

You don't have to worry about this if you have the type of phone where you dial the number then press Talk/Send. The dialed digits are only sent to the OBi after you press Talk and there is a very short pause between digits.