News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Another 202 configuration question

Started by j7676, December 21, 2014, 12:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j7676

I would be very grateful if someone can walk me through this configuration.  I have been reading these forums for a couple hours and still not 100% how to do this or if it's even possible.

I have an Obi202, a 2 phone cordless phone system (only base needs to be plugged in to Obi), and a standalone cordless phone.  I also have the option of using a 2-line cordless phone 2 handset system if needed.

I have Anveo with 2 channels as SP1 and a GV number for SP2.

I would simply like to have a 3 phone system using the Anveo number for all incoming and outgoing calls.  I would like all 3 handsets to ring if not in use, and if 1 or 2 are in use then just the unused handsets to ring.  I would also like that when any handset initiates a call, it uses Avneo phone number (or at least displays Anveo number).  Basically the GV number is not used at all and can be deleted if not needed.

If someone can walk me through this I would definitely appreciate it.

TIAs

azrobert

Do I have this correct?
The 2 phone system has a base to connect to the OBi202.
The standalone phone also has a base to connect to the OBi202.

You would connect the 2 phone base to Phone Port 1.
You would connect the standalone phone base to Phone Port 2.

In the OBi202 configuration
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,ph2

An inbound call will ring both phone ports (all 3 phones will ring).
If either phone on the 2 phone system is busy, only the standalone will ring.
If the standalone is busy then the other 2 phones will ring.

For outbound
Physical interfaces -> Phone1 Port and Phone2 Port ->
Primary Line: SP1 Service

I don't have an OBi202, so I don't know what the defaults are.
You can use OBi Expert to check and modify these settings.
I don't use OBiTalk to configure my OBi's, so there might be an easier way to modify these basic setting than using OBi Expert.

j7676

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  I will be setting this up this week.  Hopefully no issues!!

Thanks Again!

j7676

Actually, I do have a follow up question.

If one of the phones from the 2 phone system is in use, by either an incoming call or by placing a call, and the second phone tries to initiate a call, will the second phone join the existing call or receive a fresh dial tone?  Would I need a 2-line system to get a fresh dial tone or is there an additional setting?

Thank You.

azrobert

You would be connected to the existing call.

If you connect a 2 line phone to the OBi202's Phone Port 1 with a 4 wire cord, you can get dial tone for the OBi202's Phone Port 2.