News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 no longer configures after E911 Anveo add & Updating Firmware (prompted)

Started by winger13, December 26, 2014, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winger13

I have Google Voice numbers setup to both slots on this device for a few years.  Last night, I:
- remove SP2 (for open slot for Anveo E911)
- added Anveo E911 (successfully registered and paid)
- performed a OBI100 firmware upgrade when the system (while logged onto Obitalk.com) prompted me.

Immediately after, I noticed that both SP1 and SP2 info were wiped out!  I have tried over a dozen times trying to re-configure SP1 with Google Voice; however, OBI100 seems to be stuck in the configure mode. 

I have tried:
- rebooting the device (using the 'Reboot' button on the device once I logged on using the device's IP address)
- power off/on by unplugging power
- factory resetting (holding down the physical reset button on the bottom of the device itself for 10 seconds+ until device rebooted)

Most of the time, after I go through the Google Voice setup for SP1, the Status (on Obitalk.com) says "configuring' and never stops.  Sometimes it stops and says "Service Not Configured". 

Either way, it always ends with Status showing "Offline"  and  I verified from home that the OBI100 has disconnected itself from the router/network.  The only way to get it back onto the network is to to power the device off/on .   I repeat steps above and same end result.

With holidays here, we finally plan on using the device (we hardly ever use the phone except for holidays) to call relatives all over the place this week.  Please help!

azrobert

The latest firmware requires you to use the GoogleVoice setup wizard.
I forgot all the steps, but it's very easy.
Just follow the prompts.

You don't enter a password, but you have to be signed into your GV account.

winger13

Just wanted to circle back on this.

All worked out by simply leaving the OBi off over night, then powering on the next day. 

@Azrobert - I had already followed the Google wizard several times, so the cause of the issue I experienced was not related to that.  Thanks, though.