December 17, 2017, 10:54:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ObiON Android still being supported/developed  (Read 25967 times)
gundam

« on: December 28, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

Hello, I'm a new user of Obihai with my Obi110 as of December 2014.  I got everything working on my OBi110 working as I want to at home. 

I then proceeded to install the ObiON android app on my Samsung S3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.  I was able to use it within my LAN, the same LAN as my Obi110.  It works but no point since I can better use my DECT cordless connected to Obi110 at home.  I then tried it outside my network, in my Office and Parent's home via their WIFI.  I get connected to the Obi and hear the Auto Attendant for 3 seconds and then it drops.  No matter what I do, it just won't work outside of my network.  I then tried it with my Mobile Data, and I got connected and was able to make calls so it is probably not my network but something in the app preventing it from using it with WIFI.  Obviously, WIFI is better than 3G/4G Mobile data, so I would like to get this working. 

So my question is, is ObiON android still in active development to address this issues or is it a dead app.  I still see Obihai promoting it on their site, but I also saw many threads from as far back as 2011-2012 having similar issues as mine.  Also, I would have assumed that after the initial release they would have released updates that would have fixed issues such as the speakerphone.

I really want the ObiON Android to succeed, as I really like the idea of being able to access my Obi110 from anywhere I want.

Thank you for a great device.
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:46:42 am »

I don't think anybody knows when/if OBihai will fix OBiON.

For an alternate see:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8331.0

You can use the Auto Attendant with this setup, but you can also access any trunk without the AA.

Edit:
If you have GoogleVoice you can use the Hangouts Dialer.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:49:14 am by azrobert » Logged
gundam

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:26:59 pm »

Thanks, am trying the steps, but somewhere along the line I get confused.

From what I understand, Sip2Sip would be a gateway to call the Obi device via the @xx.xx.xx.xx:5060.  Is this correct?  What I don't understand is what will answer in the Obi, since it is not a SIP server by itself, is it? 

I followed all the steps, and there is nothing to configure or setup in the Obi, except how to handle the inbound calls.  I have all the port forwards setup, Sip2sip is registering in CSIPSimple, I see my calls getting routed to the Sip2Sip service, but how do I know the Obi is receiving the calls.

The error I get is a "408 Timeout error", and if I look in the Sip2Sip history, this means that the call was not answered.

Thanks.

ianobi

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 05:40:16 am »

From what I understand, Sip2Sip would be a gateway to call the Obi device via the @xx.xx.xx.xx:5060.  Is this correct?  What I don't understand is what will answer in the Obi, since it is not a SIP server by itself, is it?

In this situation CSipSimple and the OBi are both clients, sip2sip carries out the server functions. sip2sip maintains registration with CSipSimple so that calls can be sent and received from your android phone.

Is sp1 configured for SIP? If it is configured for GV, then this set up will not work. 5060 is the UserAgentPort for sp1. If this is the case, then set up a "fake" SIP provider on sp2 and use port 5061 instead:
If you don't have a SIP provider and SP2 is unused, the following will enable SP2 for SIP:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid - this is CallerID sent on outgoing calls)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

The InboundCallRoute suggested by azrobert is the most secure method. However, for testing try changing the InboundCallRoute back to "ph" so any incoming calls should simply ring the phone attached to the OBi. If this works, then we can look at any problems using the more secure options.

gundam

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:08:13 am »

Success! Thanks, ianobi, for clearing that up.  You were correct in your assumption of my SP1 being setup as GV.  After I changed all the port 5060 to 5061 for SP2 and changed the port forwards, it is now working and I can answer and hear myself.

Will now work on the SIP Inbound Call Routes.

Thanks a lot.
gundam

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »

Hello, am i correct to assume that this part of the inbound call route will ring the Sip2Sip on my android

{ph,sp1(Sip2Sip_ID@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)}
azrobert

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

Yes. It will route the call to the OBi phone port and to CSipSimple on your android. The 1st one that answers will get the call.

Since your SIP trunk is defined on SP2 use this:
{ph,sp2(Sip2Sip_ID@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)}
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: