News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ports needed?

Started by Tdiguy, January 04, 2015, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdiguy

I have a obi110 device that was set up in the past ( years ago ) and i can not get it to work at all now. I am setting this up for a friend. At his house he has comcast and a modem / router combination device by arris. I put the obi in a DMZ on it but it did not seem to change anything. I dont know what ports obi uses so i wasnt sure what to try as far as port forwarding goes.

I brought his obi110 over to my house ( I also have comcast ) and it worked fine. The difference is that i use a modem i bought and my own router. At my house i didnt have to do anything at all to get the obi to work no port forwarding or anything like it.

So any idea what is special about these arris modem / router devices that i need to change or configure to work with the obi?

MurrayB

That is strange.

I have two Obi 110 that work with either the Comcast supplied Arris  modem/router or the Arris modem/router I purchased. I did nothing special. They worked fine with a Verizon Fios Modem/router as well.

Mango

DMZ shouldn't really be used, though for brief periods of testing it will probably be fine.  Just remember to remove your device from DMZ when you're done.

Are you using Google Voice or a SIP service provider?  If SIP, it's possible that a SIP ALG on your friend's Arris modem is causing the problem.  If there is no setting to disable this, try changing your X_UserAgentPort to a random number between 20000 and 65535, and also changing your ProxyServerPort to some other port number supported by your ITSP (if they listen on another port number).