News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 not seen on network (IP address problems)

Started by Ca-Cycle, January 12, 2015, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ca-Cycle

Our new OBi202 refuses to be seen on my network...

Whenever installing new networking equipment, I update the dhcp server with the mac address and then also update our "devices" spreadsheet with ip address, etc.

It doesn't show up in the dhcp server. I used ***0 21# and set it to 192.168.2.10. And then also enabled the web admin via ***0 30# 1 1# 1 ... and choosing 30#, it says enabled. Calling ***0 21 has the new IP address. But the page doesn't show on the browser, nor does my DHCP server see the device. Scanning the subnet with nmap on port 80 also doesn't see the OBi202.

Calling ***1 still says 192.168.0.123.

OK, so I grab a windows box and hang it off the LAN... Sure enough 192.168.0.123 gets the web admin. I incrementally tried these settings, each time rebooting then going to a different computer to check on the dhcp server and try .2.10...

» double checked that web admin was enabled
» turn off firewall
» static ip on WAN
» dhcp on WAN
» all WAN info filled out
» all WAN info empty like when delivered
» turn off dhcp
» set to bridge mode (and this setting caused the box to become offline on OBiTalk).

The VoIP service works, so at least there's that.

Is the OBi202 intended to have web management from anywhere other than the OBiTalk web interface? (even though ALL expert options in OBiTalk are grayed out)?

Thanks,
Chris

AlanB

I don't think you can manage both locally and through ObiTalk.

You can configure Expert settings through ObiTalk n

Ca-Cycle

Hi AlanB, thanks. Yes, however when independently trying to make this box visible on my subnet, no method works. OBiTalk, OBiTalk Expert, on-box mgmt, telephone port, nothing.

I'm really trying to just not care... But kind of difficult when something goes all Christine on you. :/