News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 and 2 Phonepower numbers on one account

Started by wildbilll, January 23, 2015, 09:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbilll

I have been struggling with getting the OBi202 to work on Phonepower.
This is using a normal Phonepower account, not the one signed up for through OBiTalk.
I have 2 phone numbers with 2 user ID's and passwords, one for each phone number. I am using the provided Grandstream 502 ATA they provided and that works great, I am trying to add this OBi202 to use in place of or in addition to since they allow 3 devices per line.
I have tried to manually set this up and can get it to show registered for each and get it to make a call occasionally but inbound calls don't come in.
I tried using the OBiTalk to configure but that doesn't allow it do do anything; it will show as bad auth or refused.
I would like to know what settings will work on Phonepower with a manual configuration for each line (SP1 and SP2)

Taoman

Quote from: wildbilll on January 23, 2015, 09:24:15 AM
I am using the provided Grandstream 502 ATA they provided and that works great, I am trying to add this OBi202 to use in place of or in addition to since they allow 3 devices per line.

I don't have 2 numbers/IDs but I do know once I used the PhonePower config file (when signing up thru Obitalk.com) things immediately started working much better for me.  Here are some of the changes the PP config file made to my OBi device on Service Providers>SIP page:

ProxyServerPort=0
RegistrarServerPort=12060
UserAgentDomain=sip.phonepower.com
OutboundProxy=<blank>
RegistrationPeriod=3600
X_RegistrationMargin=3
X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix=checked
X_DiscoverPublicAddress=unchecked
X_EnableRFC2543CallHold=checked

And then on the Voice Service for that SP trunk:
X_UserAgentPort=12060

Have you contacted support about this? I seem to remember a post about someone trying to make two simultaneous connections to PhonePower from the same device and the PP tech had to do something on their end to enable this. I have successfully registered to the same PP account from two separate OBi ATAs simultaneously.

Quote from: PhonePower SIP credentials pageThe recommended registration interval is 4 hours. Customers with active SIP Credentials have a limit of 4 registrations and 2 concurrent calls. The minimum registration interval is at least 1 hour. Any duration shorter than 1 hour can result in intermittent or complete loss of service.

Edit: Found it>
QuotePhonePower confirmed it was an auto-provisioning issue and they changed a port in my configuration so that both accounts could successfully register.
The trouble is that the port used for the accounts to perform registration must be different if you have 2 PhonePower accounts on the same Obi device. This is a change PhonePower had to make on one of my accounts.
"There was a port change made on this account, since you have a second number with PhonePower on the same adapter there was a port conflict as they both were registering on the same port number."
Therefore, if you are using 2 PhonePower accounts on the same Obi device, I think you will need to contact PhonePower and have them make the appropriate change to resolve the port conflict.