News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem Porting my Landline number to RingTo

Started by freedave, January 25, 2015, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedave

I have tried several times to port my landline number to RingTo without apparent success.  I have gotten to the Anveo step.  My email address is in their system.  Can anyone help?  Dave

dircom

Not much information.  Port your landline from what provider?
All you have to do is go on Ring.to website enter the information, and wait a few days.  Is that what you did?

rolandh

If you login to your account at https://ring.to, then click My Numbers do you see your landline number? Does it say parked or forwarding? Please see the attached screen shot for an example. If yes, then your number is ported and it's a matter of configuring your OBi. If not, is there any indication as to the status of the port such as Firm Order Commitment? If you don't see the landline number at all, then you need to begin the porting process on RingTo's website as dircom posted.

freedave

Thank very much for the responses.

I am trying to port my Verizon landline number.

When I try to login to RingTo, I get "Email not found."

I tried to register with RingTo and Anveo via Obitalk.com.

When I tried to complete the Anveo form a few times, I got that the email address is already in use.

What should I do?

Dave

dircom

You still have not sent enough info.
lets break this question down into step by step

Are you saying you can not log in to ring.to?
Did you ever create an account at ring.to?
solve this problem first... if you can't solve this first step contact ring.to

freedave

Thank you again, dircom,

Yes, I can not log in to ring.to.

I apparently did not succeed in creating an account with RingTo -- I completed their form on the Obitalk site, but I could not complete the Anveo form because it indicated that my email address was already in Anveo's data base.

I have just emailed support at RingTo...

Dave

Lavarock7

Most websites have a "forgot password" link to send you an email at the email you enter. If the system says it is "already in use" AND I owned that email address, I would expect a way to rest the password and then be able to log in.

Perhaps you already did that and still could not get access, in which case, your contacting customer service (as you did) would be the next step.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

dircom

Quote from: freedave on January 26, 2015, 01:23:34 PM
Thank you again, dircom,

Yes, I can not log in to ring.to.

I apparently did not succeed in creating an account with RingTo -- I completed their form on the Obitalk site, but I could not complete the Anveo form because it indicated that my email address was already in Anveo's data base.
I have just emailed support at RingTo...

Dave

Create an account at ring.to
Like lavarock says, click forgot password, enter your email address...
if it says email address not found at the website ring.to, then simply create a username and password

THEN, at the website ring.to, port your Verizon phone number
It will take a few days probably for the number to port
Keep checking every day or so, then when the number ports, set up your Obi (assuming you have purchased an Obi after the required date)

freedave

Thank you again, dircom.

I have received this from RingTo Support:

"... your number will be moved to RingTo on 02-02-2015 11:30 AM EST."

Do I also need to set up Anveo?

And where can I get help with this?

Edit Your Number Settings

Your Phone Number
(727) 443-2782

Call Forwarding is:
Enabled 

VOICEMAIL  SMS Forwarding is:
Enabled

CALL LOGS   Forward all calls to:

Ring me at multiple numbers: 

How would you like the Caller ID displayed for incoming calls?

Display the number of the person calling me
Display my Ring.to number

Dave

zorlac

Quote from: freedave on January 27, 2015, 06:01:06 PM
Do I also need to set up Anveo?
Only if you want 911 service.
It seems that RT is satisfied that you do, so I'd say you're good to go.
The ANVEO signup routine is a bit brain dead.
I had to start over at ANVEO and just use a different email address once I got into the predicament you're in when setting up RT/ANVEO for my parents.