News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice: Forward to Google Chat option gone missing

Started by n808, January 28, 2015, 11:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n808

I had Google Voice working wonderfully with my OBi200 until tonight. I can still call out, but no longer receive calls. The option in Google Voice settings to forward calls to Google Chat is now gone missing. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just deleted my mobile phone from Google Voice so I could test calling myself (Google Voice) and it still works. So I guess the only problem is that I can no longer easily make outgoing calls via the Google Voice chrome extension, as the "Google Chat" option has now gone missing from it as well.

The problem may be related to Google's switch to using Hangouts for chat. Slightly annoying, but at least my OBi200 Google Voice still works.

SteveInWA

This is a duplicate of several other threads here, and on the Google Voice help forum.  Please refer to the link below, vs. posting more here.

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/voice/W1H4WQHWygA/z08a6f0z2pwJ

n808

Thanks for the quick reply. I apologize for adding an unnecessary thread. I did search, but no relevant threads showed up.