News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What does the yellow circle icon mean on the obi1032 screen?

Started by seemeobi, February 19, 2015, 06:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemeobi

At the top of the screen on my OBi1032 it shows a yellow circle with a line.  Looked in the user guide and searched on here but could not find out what it is.  Can anyone help?  See attached picture (it's right before the wifi signal and in the picture it appears white but it's actually yellow)

SteveInWA

I believe it means "reboot your phone" or "power-cycle your phone".  It's an icon of a power-button with a recycle arrow.  It's likely caused by a configuration change that was made (or at least the firmware thinks one was made) on the web interface.  If you have an OBI ATA, you'll sometimes see a yellow triangle with a ! in it, on the web page, indicating the same thing:  reboot needed.

Does it go away if you reboot or power-cycle the phone?

seemeobi

After removing the power and plugging the phone back in it comes back.  The red light comes on to indicate that I have a message and envelope shows beside line.  When I press the line I get a stutter dial tone but when I dial the number for my voice-mail (I use voip.ms) it says no messages.  I hang up, the red light goes out and the envelope disappears but the yellow circle is still there.  Could it be a programming issue related to the voice-mail that I have wrong?

SteveInWA

Well, perhaps I am completely wrong, then!  Maybe Mark from Obihai will chime in and get the documentation updated to explain the symbol.

seemeobi

In ObiTalk I had changed and checked boxes directly beside MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable, and MessageWaiting.  I went back and unchecked those and then checked beside OBiTALK Settings like it was originally. It's not showing the yellow circle symbol anymore.  Any idea how to have the phone turn the red light on when I have a voice-mail message (from voip.ms) - and not cause an issue on the config? Thanks

202Owner

Quote from: seemeobi on February 19, 2015, 07:18:00 PM
In ObiTalk I had changed and checked boxes directly beside MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable, and MessageWaiting.  I went back and unchecked those and then checked beside OBiTALK Settings like it was originally. It's not showing the yellow circle symbol anymore.  Any idea how to have the phone turn the red light on when I have a voice-mail message (from voip.ms) - and not cause an issue on the config? Thanks

Try:

MWIEnable = Enabled ;stutter tone message waiting indication.
X_VMWIEnable = Enabled ;visual message waiting indication.

And leave MessageWaiting alone... it will change by itself when signaled by the ITSP.

SteveInWA

Quote from: seemeobi on February 19, 2015, 07:18:00 PM

I've attached a screenshot from my OBi 1032 configuration on the OBiTALK portal.  I use Callcentric, and this simply works, but hopefully a voip.ms customer will confirm.  Note that voip.ms needs to send the commands to the OBi; the OBi is just displaying whatever the voicemail server at voip.ms is telling it to display (message waiting or not).

seemeobi

Thanks 202Owner and SteveInWA, that seems to have fixed it.  I'm not getting the yellow circle and by changing the settings to leave the MessageWaiting unchecked the message light is working properly.  Thanks for the help!