News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink: Check your Paypal Subscriptions

Started by CLTGreg, February 25, 2015, 03:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLTGreg

I'm not saying that any of this is VL's fault but it's a good idea to check your Paypal subscriptions for automatic renewals. I do not recall there being an option to subscribe through a subscription. Paypal requires that if a price is going to change that a notice is sent out 10 days ahead of time. The notice for me came 10 minutes before the automatic renewal. It's quite possible that they did send out a notice that I overlooked.

VL was gracious in refunding the $90. I am not saying they did anything wrong. What I am saying is check your Paypal subscriptions now and then to avoid surprises.

nkolodij

From what I remember you were automatically signed up for preapproved payments (no other option). No notice or explanation. I went into paypal and cancelled.

To cancel preapproved payments in paypal:
Click on profile (gear icon top right), than under "Payment settings" click "Preapproved payments" you should see all your preapproved payments. Look at status to see if "active" or "inactive". If active click on "Vestalink LLC" and "cancel".

CLTGreg

It's the "remember" that is different for me.  ;D - Not blaming them but I sure didn't intend for that to happen especially where it doesn't appear to be appropriate notification of an increase.

I'm not blaming them. Perhaps other people have similar bad memory as me.  ;)

ceg3

When I was a subscriber with VL through this past January I was aware of the billing section of my portal and was aware that my sub was auto-renew.  I learned at one point that though I had signed up at a "fixed" rate my first renewal was to be 50.00 more.  I got no notice.  I just found it out looking through my portal.  My point is that you should keep an eye on your billing.  I did not renew.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to renew, but when they broke the agreement, because their business was lower they helped me make up my mind not to renew.  I barely used the service each month and their business practice cost them a good customer.  And yes, I guess I am still a little annoyed at them.  ;D

oecra

Looks like the rate I was supposed to be "grandfathered in" will go up next year. "On Feb 13, 2016, this subscription will change increasing the price from $39.99 USD to $119.99 USD ." Guess I'll be leaving and going back to just GV+obi.

callhome

$119.99? The most I can see on the site is $69.99 unlimited 1 year. The 2 year unlimited plan is $119.99 which is $5 a month. I still think for the features it's hard to beat.

oecra

Quote from: callhome on March 23, 2015, 10:25:31 AM
$119.99? The most I can see on the site is $69.99 unlimited 1 year. The 2 year unlimited plan is $119.99 which is $5 a month. I still think for the features it's hard to beat.

Yea after looking at it again, that price is for the 2 year unlimited plan.  I'm on the lowest plan (lite, 500 mins), so I'm not exactly sure why it would auto renew and put me on the most expensive plan.  At any rate, I cancelled the auto renew with paypal.

ghutcheon

I am now a little confused as to what I am now paying for. With the change adding in Google Voice - which I need to make international call at a reasonable rate i.e. no 30c connection fee - I now have my GV number as caller ID. So I think I can save the 2-year payment and head back to Google, or am I missing something ? Would prefer not have have to move the vestalink number back to a cellphone then onto Google again (Google won't port from VL straight as far as I can tell). Also seem to fall into the making too many calls on the unlimited plan also.
- Grumbly G

vgsmike

Well this is pretty nutzo. I "locked in" the annual BYOD Lite (500) Annual service for $30 last year and they're planning to rebill me at $70 next month. LOL.

Good luck getting a 133% increase out of me for a whopping 150 minutes (average) per month. Good thing I was only forwarding my GV number.

ceg3

I was "locked in" at 39.99 for unlimited and my rate jumped to 89.99 when my 1st year ended this past February, so I did not renew.  Hard to understand how losing customers is better than keeping them, even if your company makes less than it wanted on the customer.  Something seems better than nothing, especially if the customer is a lite user.  This is old news from me, but the recent post got my attention.  I probably would have renewed had they not broken our agreement.  Now, I'm just as content just using GV, a missing feature or two aside.