News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 on GV outbound calls person called cannot hear me

Started by John378, March 16, 2015, 11:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John378

I have two Obi200 both using GV. They have been working fine until recently. Now on GV outbound calls I can hear the person I called, but they cannot hear me. GV inbound calls work fine, and so do Obitalk network calls. I tried deleting and re-setting up GV but that didn't help. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Hi John:

Please try making and receiving calls via your Google Voice web page, having GV call you on a real forwarding telephone number.  Also, try using Google Hangouts to make and receive calls.  If either of those methods fail, please post your issue over on the Google Voice help forum.  If both those methods work, then you may have an OBi or home network issue,  but if either non-OBi method fails, it's a GV issue.

There is an isolated issue right now being worked on by Google Engineering involving a CODEC mismatch between two carriers, that can cause this symptom, so it's necessary to rule that out before wasting time diagnosing an OBi-specific issue.

John378

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help. I was out sick for the last two days, and before trying out either of your suggestions I discovered that the problem has gone away.

For the record, I should correct my original post. My devices are Obi100 (not Obi200), although I suspect that didn't make a difference in this instance.

Thanks,
John

SteveInWA

Hi John, glad you're feeling better.  Google engineering found and fixed an issue that was causing this problem.