News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI-FREEPBX and CID

Started by rjstott, March 20, 2015, 12:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjstott

I am using the OBI to convert a POTS line into a SIP channel for my FreePBX system. It works ok but I can not get the incoming CID to be sent to FreePBX. What I get at FreePBX is "AuthUserName" and on my SIP extension I get for example OBI11 and 11, where the 11 comes from OBI11 ('cos when I had OBI110 it sent 110).

What I want and need is the incoming CID?

As an aside incoming and outgoing call setup times are very slow. What should I change to speed this up?

azrobert

How are you routing the call to Freepbx?

You need to route it with an SIP URI like this:
spx(100@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp)

Where xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp is the IP address and port of Asterisk.
spx must point to a SP trunk defined as SIP (not GV).

Then change the following parm for the ITSP Profile for spx

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

rjstott

I think those settings are ok (URI = OBI11@192.168.1.89) and X_SpoofCallerID:  is Checked. The calls come through as I first said just with OBI11 as the name and 11 as the number, which is what is shown on a phone.

azrobert

Try URI = OBI11@192.168.1.89;ui=$1 and X_SpoofCallerID: Un-Checked.

rjstott

Hi,

Thanks for trying. Its not fixed but no worse. There is something odd going on when I look in the OBI call history as there is no CID logged in there either. BUT I have seen incoming CID in there AND I'm sure one record which had one changed and it was cleared???

Just for more info I'm in France and connected to a Livebox for the trunk. This does give CID data to a normal phone.

azrobert

Have you change the OBi Line RingDelay setting?

rjstott

Might have, last time I messed about was before xMas, 'cos her indoors complained about time to connect calls and answer? Line Delay is currently 400?

azrobert

I don't know how callerid works in France, but in N. America the PSTN callerid is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd ring. The RingDelay is needed to give the OBi time to receive the callerid before processing the call. If RingDelay is set too low, the OBi will not see the callerid.

Also, do you have the correct CallerIDDetectMethod for France? I can't help with this.

azrobert

Go back to X_SpoofCallerID checked and remove ui=$1
You won't get CNAM with the ui=$1 method.

rjstott

Hi,

SUCCESS. I managed to find a bundle of parameters for France and updated some such as CPC Polarity reversal and disconnect tone. CID Method was already ok as FSK V23. I have set Ring Delay to 3 secs, reset X_Spoof back to ON and removed the $1. Anyway its working. My guess is that it was me reducing the Ring Delay that caused the problem.

Now I can go back and try to re-instate challenges against unknown incoming calls!

Many THX