News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA not working with Ring.to service

Started by rastoma, March 21, 2015, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastoma

I have an Obi100.  Ring.to setup on SP1.  Anveo 911 on SP2.

Incoming and outgoing calls work fine.  Well fine after I have to reboot the device every couple of days and remove and re-add the ring.to account information in my Obihai control panel.

Anyway, had this about a year now (signed up within a few days of the free Ring.to deal), and since day 1, AA has never worked.

I was told it was a Ring.to issue and that since everything was so new then they were working on it.

But if the Obi device sees the call and rings the phone, then shouldn't the AA answer no matter the service provider?

Yes I have my number(s) as trusted callers.  I've tried full 10 and 11 digits (with a 1 and without).  I've tried 7 digits with 'Match' checked.  I've tried from my home phone (which is Nettalk currently), and from two cell phones.  All with every combination of the above.  AA will not answer.

I was using GV before Ring.to and switched since Ring.to was free and there was concern that Google would stop working at some point.  But even with GV the AA never answered either.

Everything else I guess is working as it's supposed to though I have done no other customizations.  Can the device be defective with JUST AA?

drgeoff

It is very unlikely that just the AA part of your OBi is faulty.  It is only a bit of software.

You do realise that AA has to be enabled and configured?  By default, incoming calls only ring the phone(s) and do not go to the AA.

rolandh

This works for me on my OBi 202 using RingTo on one of it's SP slots. My understanding is that it's the OBi, itself, that determines where to send the call (auto attendant vs. phone port) based on matching the inbound Caller ID with the appropriate rule in the relevant InboundCallRoute. All the portal is doing when you add a trusted caller is writing the rule. If I'm correct, I don't believe the service provider matters.

rastoma

Quote from: drgeoff on March 21, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
You do realise that AA has to be enabled and configured?  By default, incoming calls only ring the phone(s) and do not go to the AA.

I have everything set at default, and most all settings are check marked 'OBiTALK Settings'.

Under Voice Service, then AA, there is a check mark on ENABLE.  That check mark is there by default.  DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute, PrimaryLine, AnswerDelay, CallbackAnswerDelay and NumberOnNoInput all have values there.  It's this way even after doing a hard reset (using reset button on bottom of unit and it was reset completely and correctly).  The Obi device was removed from Obitalk.  Then readded and SP1 and SP2 set up again.  And by default AA is enabled.

So I'm confused as to what has to be enabled and configured?  What am I overlooking?

azrobert

Look at the OBi100 Call History to see the format of the CallerID.
Is the CallerID 10 or 11 digits?

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

The CallerID is to the right of Peer Number.

Continue using the Local Interface and go to:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service
Please post the contents of X_InboundCallRoute

For security reasons, modify any phone numbers.

rastoma

The CID is coming through with 11 digits (with a + before them):  +1423*******

{(x.1423*******|x.1423*******):aa},{>ringto_user_122###:ph}   (blocking my user number with ###)

Now that's interesting.  The first set of numbers on call route is not my number through Ring.to that is assigned to this Obi device.  The second set of numbers matches completely with the Peer number(CID).

The phone number at the beginning of the X_InboundCallRoute is my phone number is that through Nettalk.

I did not use that number today though while testing today.

azrobert

Change the X_InboundCallRoute to:
{(@.14231111111|@.14232222222):aa},{>ringto_user_122###:ph}

Change 14231111111 and 14232222222 to CallerIDs you want sent to the AA.
Use OBi Expert from your OBiTalk account to make this change.
Don't use the local interface unless you turned off auto provisioning.

"x." will only match a digit and not a plus sign.
"@." will match anything.

{>ringto_user_122###:ph} will block calls from SIP scanners and will only allow inbound calls from your Ring.to account.

rastoma

I tried what you suggested and there's no change.

Do I still leave entries in 'trusted callers' that match the two numbers in the call route line?

edit:  I removed the entries in trusted callers and now AA answers once out every 3-4 calls from one of the numbers.  AND when it does answer, it's so garbled I can barely understand the prompts, and then usually I don't hear AA from the very beginning, but the first thing I hear is the description to press 2 or sometimes it's already telling me to press 3 for ...... If I wait it will replay from the beginning though.

Voice calls otherwise are excellent to and from this Obi device.  Why would AA be so horribly garbled?  And what would make it only answer every few times?

At least we've made progress.  So thank you!!!! :)

edit again:  I kept playing with answer delay and at 8000ms AA will answer everything and I almost hear the very beginning of the AA.  It's still so garbled it's terrible.  But this is for me only to be able to call in so that's not too much of an issue.  But I tried selected option 2 to dial another number.  The other number will ring but when I answer the other phone (my cell) I continue to hear ringing on the phone that called the Obi device.  And after another ring or two I get a busy signal.  

Most people want to turn off AA and/or have it enabled with little to no work.  And from what I've read it is indeed supposed to be enabled by default.  So even with factory settings other than SP1 and SP2, why is mine being so difficult.  I just don't get it.

Well, forget about the 8000ms doing anything.  Now it's back to AA only answering every few times.  I went ahead and let some calls go through to hear my voice mail recording from Ring.to and it's perfectly clear, excellent quality.  So I don't think it can be a bandwidth issue causing the playback from AA to be so garbled.

azrobert

I don't know why the AA voice quality is so bad.
You can test the AA from the phone attached to the OBi100 by dialing **0

You can try a callback to see if you get better voice quality.
Change the X_InboundCallRoute to:
{(<+:>14231111111|<+:>14232222222):aa($1)},{>ringto_user_122###:ph}

Call the OBi100, let it ring once then hangup.
The AA will use SP1 to call you back.
The <+:> will remove the plus prefix.
If Ring.to will accept the plus prefix, you don't have to change this part.
$1 is a variable containing the modified callerid (plus removed).
aa($1) will do the callback.

Is the device you're calling from a regular phone or a smartphone?
If it's a smartphone you don't need the AA.

Edit:
If you don't hangup the AA will function normally, no callback.

Edit2:
If you don't get the callback, let it ring twice.