News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting and Deleting Account

Started by Sandia505, April 03, 2015, 10:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandia505

I have ported my number out of Vestalink (especially because of their 300% rate increase).  I have another GV number I have assigned to the OBI device and would like to delete the original Vestalink login account and softphone ID.  Can anyone tell me how to do it?  I have done a factory reset and built a new account with my GV number but the old account still has a softphone entry. On top of that when I make a call on the GV line it shows up as my old vestalink number?  Thanks

dircom

If you are talking about the Obi softphone on speed dial #1
that has nothing to do with any provider.   That softphone is provided by Obitalk

Sandia505

The porting process finally completed yesterday afternoon and my OBI device is now working properly with its newly assigned GV number. 

I have noticed an immediate improvement in connect speed and no more dropped speech segments.  I guess I actually forgot how much better GV works over Vestalink even with less features.

I still see a softlink entry in OBItalk on the old account used for Vestalink but it does not seem to create a problem so I will just leave it as is.  Perhaps I can find a contact for OBI to delete the old account in the future.

I doubt seriously I would ever go back to Vestaliink especially with their crazy 300% rate increase and the fact that many new companies are coming online to keep the prices reasonable.

dircom

The softphone has nothing to do with VestaLink.
It is provided by the Obitalk network.

as far as I can tell, none of the plans with VL went up 3x

When you port a number, at some point during the porting process, the number is active on both providers until the port is completed

Sandia505

As I mentioned earlier, it is the original account in OBI I would like to remove, the only thing left there is a softphone entry.

As far as Vestalink, my original rate was $29.00 with a bring your own device and 500 minutes.  When I got the renewal it was for $69.99 for the exact same service I had the prior year. True that may not exactly be a 300% increase but it was crazy none the less and enough reason to dump them.