News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1032 - Google Voice Erratic Call Behavior

Started by ReVeLaTeD, April 09, 2015, 04:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReVeLaTeD

Ok.

This all started within the past few weeks.  It's not constant, and it's difficult to replicate.  I don't know what the root cause is.  But it's making me consider removing the Google Voice mapping altogether and just do a forward.

History:

I've had my Google Voice account since it was GrandCentral - YEARS ago.  Before Google got their hands on it, the service was clean but lacking functionality.  Google came in and added some cool stuff but in the process mucked up what was otherwise a "just works" feature.

It's always used to route calls to my cell phones, receive and send text messages, and provides me a consistent way to put my contact information on all of the tons of applications and what not I end up completing.  So my Google Voice number is pretty much essential at this point.

I was stoked to see that Google Voice now had an approved way to connect to OBi.  Used to have the very first one - that one that looked like a 56k modem - and when it stopped working I was rather bothered.  But then the OBi1032 with the slicker integration came along.

I'm noticing, whenever I call out, the call will be fine for the first few minutes.  But then one of two things will happen:  The call will go silent (it's still connected, I see the timer going but it's dead air), or the caller can't hear me but I can hear them.  Most common is the former.  Happens an awful lot when dialing into WebEx meetings and happens 100% of the time dialing Hawaii numbers for some bizarre reason.

Now, I can make an outbound call via my cell phone through Google Voice and it'll work fine the whole time through.  But of course then, you're not really using Google Voice to dial; you're using your phone plan thanks to their schemes.  Makes me think that it's Google Voice itself that's the issue.

If I do the same call with my Anveo line, it works perfect.  Of course, there are limited minutes on that line so I try not to dial out with it. 

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

AndrewG

You're not alone

I have the same issues except calling out works fine. When people call me, i can hear them, but they can't hear me.I posted a few days ago but no reply. Hopefully someone smart can help us.

SteveInWA

Quote from: AndrewG on April 09, 2015, 10:29:11 PM
You're not alone

I have the same issues except calling out works fine. When people call me, i can hear them, but they can't hear me.I posted a few days ago but no reply. Hopefully someone smart can help us.

Don't cross-post.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9731.msg64659#msg64659

alexsahka

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 09, 2015, 11:47:11 PM

Don't cross-post.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9731.msg64659#msg64659

Steve there is different situation.
I've also start experience Google Voice Erratic Call Behavior last week after 5 years with OBI/GVoice.  ???

Boykin

If you are still having this problem, try upgrading to the latest firmware and then disabling codec G726R32.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Boykin on May 18, 2015, 06:42:03 AM
If you are still having this problem, try upgrading to the latest firmware and then disabling codec G726R32.

Google Voice (well, technically, Google Chat XMPP) only uses G.711, so changing settings for any other CODEC would have no effect at all on GV calls.

restamp

Hmm, with regards to GV Erratic Call Behavior, this afternoon I'm getting lots of SIT 503 errors one one of my GV lines.  The other still seems to be working OK.